Summary: In this blog post, we bring you a comprehensive list of best data recovery software for Windows and Mac. This curated list can help you pick the right software for your Mac or PC irrespective of whether you’re using your system at home or in office.
1. Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows
2. Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac
3. Stellar Toolkit for Data Recovery
4. Disk Warrior
5. Remo Data Recovery Software
6. iSkysoft for Mac & Windows
7. R Studio for Mac & Windows
8. Recover My Files Professional for Windows
9. MiniTool Power Data Recovery V8 Business for Windows
10. DDR Recovery Software – Professional
Data recovery software is essential as it can retrieve your precious photos, videos, documents, emails, and other types of files from any data loss situation. However, one can get overwhelmed while choosing the best-paid data recovery software due to a wide range of options available in the market. To help you, we have listed the best paid and professional data recovery software for Mac and Windows.
Recent Update: Supports Windows 10
Review: The latest version 8.0 of Stellar Windows Data Recovery – Professional has enhanced and aesthetically appealing graphical user interface, includes a faster and more efficient scan engine, and is compatible with 32 as well as 64-bit processors. This reliable data recovery software recovers deleted, encrypted, or lost data from any storage device. It can also recover inaccessible data from formatted or severely corrupt hard drives. The software is capable of creating images of hard drive for safe recovery without tampering the original storage medium. With its ability to add or edit file types, the software supports more than 300 file extensions. It even allows you to preview files during the scanning process, which can help to expedite data recovery.
- Received Editor’s Choice Award from PC Magazine and a 5-star rating for being the best-paid data recovery software for 2019.
- PC Advisor calls it an all-in-one solution for recovering your documents, photos, videos, business emails, and more.
- As per Tom’s guide, if you have recently deleted your data, this is the software to use to get your lost data back successfully.
Recent Update: Supports macOS Catalina
Review: Stellar Data Recovery Professional is a highly versatile paid data recovery software for macOS featuring world’s super easy interface, quick and efficient data recovery, and compatibility with the latest macOS Catalina, Mojave 10.14 with 64-bit computing. Whether you want to recover lost data from emptied trash, formatted external hard drives, solid-state drives, unmounted partitions, Time Machine backups, or encrypted volumes, this single software can do it all. This professional Mac data recovery tool is equipped with the Deep Scan functionality that recovers files even from severely corrupt hard drives. The utility displays scan-time preview as well as provides an option to preview any file after scanning. You can even choose the files you want to recover from the numerous scanned files and save these to the desired location.
- Tom’s Guide calls the GUI as one of the best, —an interface that makes the recovery process smooth.
- According to Tech Republic, the software is highly effective against all data loss situations.
- Mac Life calls it one of the quickest software to recover data from a MacBook, iMac, and MacBook Pro.
- According to Cult of Mac “The ease of use, attractiveness and impressive data recovery capabilities are the strongest qualities of this tool”.
Recent Update: Supports Windows 10
Review: Stellar Toolkit for Data Recovery is an ingenious piece of professional data recovery software that allows you to recover data from inaccessible, formatted APFS, HFS hard drive by connecting it to a computer running on Windows operating system. The software uses file signature-based technology to recover your deleted data. This paid data recovery software is adept on all Mac file systems such as APFS, HFS, HFS+, HFSX, and HFS Wrapper. The software can be highly useful in situations where your APFS storage device needs data recovery and you don’t have a Mac computer around. Instead, you can use a Windows computer and download this data recovery tool for Mac hard drive recovery. Besides, the software is capable of recovering lost data such as audios, photos, videos, podcasts, and other files using your Windows PC.
Additionally, the all-in-one toolkit supports Windows RAID Recovery and RAID construction.
Review: DiskWarrior is another attractive option to recover data from your Mac hard drive partitions. The software targets the damaged area of the directory structure, which is the root cause of Mac’s instability and subsequent data loss. The tool also eliminates any error to the directory and also repairs the drive. DiskWarrior rectifies errors with volume bitmaps, master directory blocks, catalog tree and extents tree, volume headers, and alternate volume headers. All these results in effective data recovery.
- Resolves errors and issues reported by Disk Utility
- The software also checks the health of the drive
- Salvages data even from failing hard drives
Review: Remo’s software can proficiently run and provide data recovery service on the following Windows versions – Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2012, Server 2008, & Server 2003. The software can be run on both 32 and 64 bit PC. The Pro edition of the software supports various hard drive types and recovers even from severely corrupt hard drives. The software recovers photos, videos, files, partition, and more with the original file name and hierarchy.
- Recovers large size files that bypass the Recycle Bin
- Supports recovery from as much as 300 file extensions
- Provides the option to preview files prior to the recovery
Price: Mac – $89.95/ Windows – $39.95
Review: This paid data recovery software allows you to scan and recover lost or deleted files from your Mac or Windows computer. The software supports almost all external storage media including flash drives. It allows you to recover files based on file extensions, which speeds up the recovery.
Review: R-Studio is an intuitive user-friendly data recovery software; it’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The software is capable of recovering your data from several file types, such as FAT12/16/32/exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS/HFS+, and APFS. It allows you to recover files based on custom user-defined file extensions. This is not the best Mac data recovery software but a good option if your requirements are specific.
Review: This software by Get Data recovers deleted videos, music files, emails, documents, and archives from all type of storage media. It recovers files emptied from the trash and also supports recovery after accidental formats, hard drive crash, and partitioning errors. After a virus or malware attack, you can use this software as it’s designed for professional data recovery from such scenarios.
- Tested by the Department of Homeland Security
- You can preview files prior to recovery
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7
Review: MiniTool is a useful data recovery software for Windows; it supports Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Windows Server OSes. The software works smoothly on HDD, SDD, USB flash drives, and memory cards. You can use this software to recover your files and folders from lost, deleted, and damaged partitions, but the software lacks features when we compare the price which is much higher than other software discussed in the article. The Business Deluxe version also fails to justify its price, which is an astounding $199 and is in no way comparable to other software in the list.
Review: This software recovers your files and folders from data loss caused due to human errors, disk formats, virus attack, command line deletion, data removed from Recycle Bin, and other similar scenarios. Though this is a good software, it fails to offer anything unique. Other software products in the list provide more features and are priced only marginally higher.
The above concludes the list of best-paid data recovery software for MacOS and Windows OS. Based on the reviews and recommendations, paid data recovery software from Stellar Data Recovery offers the best functionality along with much-needed peace of mind. Summarizing the combined features as below:
- User-friendly interface
- Easy to install and customize
- Efficient recovery engine
- Quick scan for prompt recovery
- Deep Scan for rigorous recovery
- Best available file previews
- Recovers maximum data
- 100% Satisfaction
Start your data recovery today.