Pocomail once used to be a popular and robust email program especially for users with heavier email demands, until a few years ago when official support for Pocomail was ended in 2009. Pocomail was designed for Windows XP running 32-bit architecture, which is obsolete by any measures today. So, obviously, the users started migrating to more advanced and feature-rich email clients such as Outlook which is available both on-premises and cloud (as Office 365).
In this blog post, we’ll help you with solutions and methods to migrate from Pocomail to Outlook and Office 365.
The Pocomail to Outlook conversion approach will involve the following steps:
- Extract Pocomail mailbox data in MBOX file
- Convert Pocomail MBOX to PST file
- Export PST file to Micrsoft Outlook or Office 365
Step1: Extract Pocomail mailboxes in MBOX
To convert Pocomail to Outlook/Office 365, first you need to extract the mailboxes from PocoMail. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open your Pocomail email application.
- Go to File -> click on Backup and Restore -> select Backup.
- Choose the path to back up your Pocomail mailboxes and desired folder that you want to extract from Pocomail mailbox.
- Open the saving location; you will get “Pocomail.bak” folder -> open it. All the emails of Pocomail are stored in the Mail folder.
- In the folder, Pocomail stores all its data in .mbx file extensions. You can rename that .mbx file wiextension.
Step 2: Convert Pocomail MBOX file to Outlook PST
To export the contents of Pocomail to Outlook or Office 365, you’d need to convert the MBOX to PST first. Pocomail doesn’t provide option to export emails to Outlook/Office365. So, you’d need to convert the MBOX to PST by using a 3rd party software tool. Stellar MOX to PST converter can be a good choice as it enables a simple, DIY process, and maintains 100% data integrity. The converted file can be opened in Outlook 2019, 2016 and earlier versions. Plus, it can also export the PST file to Office 365.
Here’s how it converts MBOX file to PST with regard to the need for migrating Pocomail to Outlook or Office 365:
- Download, install, and launch the free trial* of Stellar Converter for MBOX
- From the client drop-down, select the source mail client to be converted
- Click on ‘Select File’ to convert a single MBOX file. If you wish to convert multiple MBOX files in a folder, then click on ‘Select Identity Folder’
- Once the file(s) have been selected, the scanning process can begin.
- When the scan finishes, all recoverable items are displayed in a tree-view list for quick preview. You can click on any item and preview it in the software’s right hand side panel
- Once satisfied with the preview, you can activate the software to save the desired mailboxes in PST format as follows:
- Click on ‘Save Converted File’ from the Main Menu
- From the pop-up that appears, select either ‘New PST’ or ‘Existing PST’
- Click on Next
- Once the file is saved, you will receive a notification for the same
*Free trial of the software offers to scan and preview contents of the MBOX to PST converted file. Once you’ve ascertained the software capability and validated the mailbox components, activate the software to save the converted mailboxes as PST.
Step 3: Directly Export PST file to Office 365
Once the MBOX file has been converted to PST, you can export it to Outlook and view the Pocomail mailbox contents.
By using Stellar Converter for MBOX, you can export the PST directly to Office 365. Once you enter O365 credentials, the software patches through the cloud interface to get you a smooth Pocomail to Office 365 migration.
To sum up:
Pocomail to Outlook or Office 365 migration can be done conveniently and fast, provided you choose the right approach and solution. Maintaining the integrity of mailbox data after migration is another important consideration with the migration tool and approach.
Generally it’s better to take a single comprehensive solution approach from convenience and reliability standpoint, unless there’s an administrative reason to do otherwise.
Also, you are afforded the opportunity of saving this set of messages in desired formats, basically in MSG, RTF, HTML, PDF or EML format. The Technician version supports saving in MBOX and DBX file format and also special option to directly export the repaired PST to Office 365.