OST is an Outlook data file that keeps an offline copy of all your mail items such as emails, calendars, contacts, notes, etc. on the local machine. Outlook features an Import/Export wizard that can help you extract all your calendar items in PST format. However, you can do so only if your Outlook is accessible and connected to the Exchange server. In this post, you will learn free methods to extract calendar items from your Outlook OST file. Also, a method to export calendar items when the Outlook isn’t connected to the mail server or OST is inaccessible or orphaned.
Free Methods to Export Calendar from OST File
Method 1: Via Outlook
This method works only when the Outlook is connected & accessible. Skip to the next method, if you need to extract Calendar from an inaccessible Outlook OST file.
Steps to extract Calendar items from Outlook 2007 OST file:
- Go to File>Import and Export.
- Select Export to a file and click Next
- Click Personal Folder File (.pst) and then click Next.
- Select the Calendar, click ‘Include Subfolders’ checkbox, and then click Next.
- Click Browse to choose a location to save PST file.
- Enter a name, click ‘OK’, and then click Finish to export the mailboxes to PST file
- Click ‘File>Options…’ and click on ‘Advanced’
- In the Export section, click Export.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click Next.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Select the Calendar item from the email account that you want to extract. Also, click ‘Include subfolders’ checkbox.
- Click ‘Next’ and then click ’Browse’ to choose a save location for the Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Click Finish to extract and save Calendar from the OST to PST file.
- Open Outlook on your PC and go to File> Open & Export> Import/Export option.
- Select Export to a File and click Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File(.pst) and click Next.
- To extract calendar from the Outlook OST file, select Calendar.
- Click the ‘Include subfolders’ checkbox and click Next.
- Click Browse to choose the desired location to save the PST file and click Finish.
- In case, if you want to protect the PST file, enter a password and click OK.
- After extracting Calendar from your Outlook OST file to PST format, you can now import the converted PST file to any MS Outlook account to access the Calendar items.
However, the Free methods won’t work in the following cases:
• If the OST file is inaccessible or orphaned.
• When the Outlook is not accessible due to some hardware or software related error.
• If Outlook isn’t connected to the Exchange server, you can’t extract Calendar from the OST file.
• It can only export Calendar and other mailbox items to PST file format.
In such cases, you can use OST to PST converter tool to extract Calendar from OST file for free.
Method 2: Extract Calendar by using OST to PST Converter Tool
The demo version of Stellar Converter for OST lets you scan an orphaned or inaccessible OST file and helps extract desired mailbox items such as Calendar to PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats.
Follow these steps to extract Calendar items from an OST file,
- Close MS Outlook, if running.
- Download and install Stellar Converter for OST software.
Launch the software, click ‘Browse’& ‘Find’ and select the OST file
- Click ‘Convert.’ After conversion, a message box appears, click ‘OK’.
- Select only the Calendar items’ checkbox from the ‘Mail’ pane on the left.
- Click on ‘Save Converted File’ at the top-left.
- Under the ‘Save As’ dialog box, select ‘PST’ and then click ‘Browse’ to choose a save location.
- Click ‘OK’ to start the conversion process.
You may extract all your mailbox items such as Calendar from an OST file via Outlook Import/Export wizard. However, the Outlook Import/Export wizard doesn’t work if the OST file is inaccessible, orphaned or Outlook is disconnected and can’t open.
In such cases, you can use the demo version of Stellar Converter for OST to extract calendar items from OST file. The software can extract Calendar and other mailbox items from an orphaned or inaccessible OST file and save them to PST and various other formats such as PDF, MSG, EML, RTF, and HTML.
Both methods help you safely extract Calendar items from OST file for free.