Summary – Migrating from GroupWise to Microsoft Outlook email client or Office 365 environment is not easy. Performing migration requires in-depth technical knowledge and skills to prevent data loss or corruption that may occur while migrating from one environment to the other.
If you are in search of a free software trial to migrate from GroupWise to Office 365/ Outlook PST, read on to know about a software solution that offers a free trial version, and is user-friendly at the same time.
GroupWise to MS Outlook/Office 365 Pre-migration Checklist
Before migrating GroupWise mailboxes to Outlook/Office 365, go through the pre-migration checklist as follows:
- Ensure that you have the GroupWise mailbox and archive data.
- Ensure that data loss is zero or minimum with the selected software.
- Make sure you have suitable software, settings, permission, and access rights.
- Retain email information, as well as proxy and folder rights, to avoid disturbing end users.
- Allow end users and administrators to migrate GroupWise data safely.
Free and easy trial to migrate from GroupWise to Office 365/ Outlook PST
Stellar Converter for GroupWise Technician is a DIY and user-friendly software that can move Novell GroupWise mailboxes ⸺ Online, Remote, Cache, Archive, or All mailboxes ⸺ in a few steps.
Download a free trial of the software and install the software. The Free Download (demo/trial version) gets you a preview of the entire mailbox data. It also displays the subject and body content of emails after saving them.
Working-Steps: Stellar Converter for GroupWise – Technician software
The working steps of Stellar Converter for GroupWise Technician are as follows:
- Run Stellar Converter for GroupWise Technician software
‘Connect to GroupWise Server’ dialog box, the main interface of the software appears.
- Select ‘Connect to Single GroupWise Mailbox’ or ‘Connect to all GroupWise mailboxes’ and click ‘OK’ after filling the details in the GroupWise Server Information’ section.
Consequently, you can export ‘one’ or ‘all’ GroupWise mailboxes to Outlook PST/Office 365.
Note – The ‘Connect to Single GroupWise Mailbox’ provides four options from which you can choose one, as needed. The four options are as follows:
(i) ‘Convert Online GroupWise mailbox (Online Mailbox)’
This is to convert the ‘Online’ GroupWise mailbox. In this case, enter details such as User Id – GroupWise mailbox name, Password used by the GroupWise user to log in, IP Address of the Server, and Port Number that recognizes the sender and receivers of email.
(ii) ‘Convert Remote GroupWise mailbox (Remote Mailbox)’
This is to convert the ‘Remote’ GroupWise mailbox. In this case, enter details such as Password used by the GroupWise user to log in, and Remote mailbox path of the GroupWise mailbox.
(iii) ‘Convert Caching GroupWise mailbox (Caching Mailbox)’
This is to convert the Cache GroupWise mailbox. In this case, enter details such as User Id – the name of a GroupWise mailbox, Password used by the GroupWise user to log in, IP Address of the Server and Port Number that detects the sender and receivers of email, and Caching Mailbox Path of the GroupWise mailbox.
(iv) ‘Convert Archive GroupWise mailbox (Archive Mailbox)’
This is to convert the Archive GroupWise mailbox. In this case, enter the Archive Mailbox path. The Archive mailbox contains a copy of a user’s network mailbox including emails and other information on the local drive.
Note – The ‘Connect to all GroupWise mailboxes’ option allows to migrate all mailboxes.
To migrate all GroupWise mailboxes, enter the Proxy User Name i.e. GroupWise Administrator Name, Password used by the GroupWise Administrator to log in, IP Address of the Server, and Port Number that identifies the sender and receivers of email in the ‘GroupWise Server Information’ section.
- The GroupWise server is connected, and the software shows a preview of mailbox data that you can export to Microsoft Outlook or Migrate from GroupWise to Office 365. The preview window has a three-pane structure:
- The left pane displays all the connected mailboxes and folders as a tree.
- The top-right pane displays all data of the selected folder as a list.
- The bottom-right pane displays the detail of the selected item.
- To save converted GroupWise mailboxes in Outlook PST/Office 365:
- Click a data item in the left pane
- Click ‘Save’ button from the ‘File’ menu
Click the ‘Save’ icon on the toolbar
- Select PST or Office 365 and click ‘OK’ in the ‘Save File Option’ dialog box
In case of PST, you get the option to save GroupWise mailbox in a new PST file and another to append mailbox in the existing Outlook PST file. Therefore, select either of the two, enter or choose the destination by a click on the ‘Browse’ button. Then, click OK.
In the case of Office 365, ‘Connect to Office 365’ dialog box opens. In it, enter the login credentials that are ‘E-mail Id’ and ‘Password.’ Next, click OK.
Note – To export to Office 365, you need to have Office 365 user account and Office 2016, 2013 or 2010 with Service Pack 2. Also, you can migrate data in offline mode only and not online mode (i.e. online mailbox data). For Domain systems, you can export online data but not offline data to Office 365.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise Technician offers a free/demo version to try and test migration from GroupWise to Outlook/Office 365. You can download the trial version from the Product Page and use it to preview the converted mailboxes. The FREE TRIAL version of Stellar Converter for GroupWise Technician software is of great significance for testing purpose. If satisfied with the results, you can register or purchase the software to avail full functionality version.