Every organization has its reasons to prefer one email
client over others. But that doesn’t mean a better alternative isn’t out there.
Take the case of Novell GroupWise for instance. It offers advanced emailing
features, contact management, calendaring, task management, and more and is
still preferred by a lot of organizations because of this. However, when
compared with Microsoft Outlook, it still has a long way to go in terms of
user-friendliness, flexibility, scalability, and security.
Drawbacks of GroupWise
that Outlook overcomes
- Outlook has a more
polished and modernized look and feel
- Maintaining Outlook
is more cost-effective as compared to GroupWise
- It is quicker and
more stable than GroupWise
- It has more
features as compared to GroupWise
- It is very
user-friendly and one needs no practical prior training to work with it
That’s why many organizations prefer migrating from
GroupWise to Outlook. But have you ever heard of a direct manual way of doing
so? We doubt you have, because it doesn’t exist. The only way you can perform
risk-free and hassle-free GroupWise to Outlook migration is with the help of an
automated converter application. But considering the fact that there are so
many available in the market, how can an organization decide which one to choose?
A good set of features backed by worthy user reviews and testimonials would be a good place to start. And if popular user and tech magazines are to be believed, Stellar Converter for GroupWise is a worthy tool that you can trust. Let’s see why.
to Outlook hassle-freely
If you’re looking for an efficient way to migrate GroupWise mailboxes to Outlook 2016 / 2019, opting for an application which can convert the underlying file formats is a good way to go. In this case, that would mean a converter for GroupWise to PST. Stellar Converter for GroupWise is a professional and powerful application that enables you to export GroupWise mailbox items (emails, attachments, calendar items, journals, etc.) to PST format easily. And these features of the software empower it to do so:
- It is capable of
converting mailbox items in Online, Remote, Archiving, & Cache modes
- It lets you free
preview the converted mailbox items before saving
- Gives the option of
saving the converted items in multiple other formats like MSG, EML, RTF, PDF,
- The tech version of
the software can directly export the converted file to Office 365
- Tech version
enables you to perform batch conversion of multiple GroupWise files to PST
format in a single go
Here’s how you can use this software to migrate
GroupWise mailboxes to Outlook 2016/2019:
- Download, install, and launch Stellar Converter for GroupWise
- From the main software screen, select the GroupWise mailbox mode to be converted. Options include Online, Remote, Caching or Archive Modes
- Once the mode has been selected, fill ‘GroupWise Server Information’ credentials related to the selection and click on ‘OK’
- The next screen shows the mailbox scanning progress. Once the scan finishes, all convertible items will be displayed in a tree-view list in the software’s left hand panel. From here you can preview any item by double clicking it
- Once satisfied with preview, save the converted file by clicking on the ‘Save’ option from the menu
- Choose output format as ‘PST’ and click on ‘Next’ to choose destination location for saving
- Apply any filters if needed and click on ‘OK’ to save the file.
Email migrations can be painful, especially if you have a lot of mailboxes to deal with. Having the right tool by your side can make a lot of difference. If you’re certain that you need the migration from GroupWise to PST, Stellar’s GroupWise to PST Converter tool would be the wisest choice.