Summary: In this blog, we will share the essential steps to recover deleted data from macOS Mojave 10.14 start-up disk. Below are the prerequisites for data recovery on Mojave. The methods require you to:
1. Disable System Integrity Protection
2. Saving the recoverable data safely
Take a free tour of the most comprehensive data recovery software for Mojave.
Note: Create Recovery Drive feature is only available in Stellar Data Recovery Version 10 & earlier! The latest version has eliminated the need of any other Mac or external device. User can directly use Stellar Data Recovery through an activated link.
Apple finally released macOS Mojave on September 24, 2018. Following the suit, Stellar rolled out Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac Version 11 – a major update for Mac with the complete rebranding, native APFS support, and inclusion of German, French, Italian and Spanish language in the GUI through drop-down selection in the language option, a new utility integration, and several other stellar improvements.
Above all, the new data recovery software for Mac is fully compatible with macOS Monterey 12, Big Sur 11, Catalina 10.15 data recovery, macOS Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13, and lower versions of macOS/OS X.
However, before performing data recovery on the macOS Mojave start-up disk you need to follow the below guidance:
Like macOS High Sierra, you need to prepare macOS Mojave for running data recovery software on the start-up disk (i.e. Macintosh HD). Follow the steps mentioned next to disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) temporarily and safely.
Now, the Macintosh HD, the macOS Mojave start-up disk is ready for data recovery.
1. Free Download Data Recovery Professional on Mac, MacBook, or iMac running on macOS Mojave
2. Unzip and install the dmg file on the system
3. During the time of installation, provide your preferred language out the five supported languages to get a natural feel for the interface
4. From the ‘Select What To Recover’ screen, choose the data you want to recover using the slider switches against each file type or let the default ‘Recover Everything’ slider toggled on then click ‘Next’
5. From the ‘Recover From’ screen, choose the macOS Mojave start-up storage drive (HDD or SSD)
6. After selecting the recovery location, turn on the ‘Deep Scan’ toggle switch that appears at the bottom-left corner of the screen, click ‘Scan’, and wait for the scan to finish
7. After the scan, the left pane displays the recovered files. Click on a folder to display its content in the right pane
8. Click on a file to preview it on a new window. You can preview standard file types easily through the software
9. Once you have selected the data you want to recover, click ‘Recover’ and then choose a location to save the recovered data
You need to register Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac to activate and save the recovered data. Once you are through with the software activation process, you can leverage the brand new utility integration ‘Drive Monitor’ (the star functionality and never before complimentary addition) to the data recovery application.
Once you have successfully recovered your deleted data from macOS Mojave start-up drive, you can safely enable System Integrity Protection. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
This will enable the system integrity protection back on your macOS Mojave start-up disk. To recover data from an external hard drive on macOS Mojave, visit this Knowledge Base Article.
The registered version of Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac brings forth the ripest features required for in-depth data recovery and real-time storage drive monitoring. You can now ‘Recover Data’ and ‘Monitor Drive’ all from the software’s main interface. The former option opens the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac module that performs successful data recovery from APFS formatted storage drive in macOS Mojave. While the latter launches Drive Monitor to present Disk Status, SMART Status, Disk Partition, Scan Disk, and Clone Disk functionality to mitigate data loss situation.
In this blog, we tried to address the query “How to recover data from the macOS Mojave start-up disk?” We introduced the New Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac v11.0 software compatible for Mac and walked you through its systematic data recovery process in macOS Mojave start-up disk.
This new version of the software has even more powerful data recovery engine that recovers data at unbeatable precision. The software has the knack of searching a lost or deleted partition on Mojave and retrieving the contained files.
The free trial of the software allows you to evaluate its data recovery feature on your workstation. Click below for a free download.
Register the software to save the recoverable data and uncover the even more innovative Drive Monitor.
Vishal is a data recovery expert @Stellar. He addresses data loss scenarios on a Mac. He intends to help people solve their macOS problems. Besides, Vishal prefers to read about astronomy and autobiography, and his favorite is Steve Jobs - The man who thought different written by Karen Bluementhal.
Stellar Data Recovery has the right Windows Recovery tool for all your data recoveryRead More
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac program performs safe..
A comprehensive photo recovery software to restore photos, music & video files