To safeguard privacy of personal photos and videos, android smartphone users secure them by using photo vault apps. These applications help keep their personal pictures and videos protected behind passwords, thus creating a private photo locker for them. But, what if:
- The app gets crashed/deleted.
- Photos get lost/deleted mistakenly.
- Phone gets formatted accidentally.
Regardless of the reason, you eventually end up losing access to your photos and videos. However, you need not to worry about losing your precious pictures. When you secure pictures or videos through such privacy protection apps, they generally hide the photos from their original location in the phone or move them to a secure app folder. However, they still remain in the phone memory (be it internal or external/SD card). In this post, we share the best methods to recover deleted photo from Photo Vault app.
Use Android Data Recovery Software
Choosing a free android data recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery for Android is the best approach to recover deleted photos from the internal memory of your Android device. This DIY software is compatible with all Android devices, running on Android 4.0 and above versions. Also, it shows preview of recovered files before saving them.
Follow the below given steps to retrieve photos and videos, by using the software:
- Download and Install Stellar Data Recovery for Android on a Windows PC.
- Connect Android phone to the PC, and run the software.
- From ‘Select What to Recover’ screen, select Photos, and click Next.
- When ‘Scan Device to Recover Data’ screen appears, click Next.
- When ‘Device Rooting Required’ window appears, click Start.
- A rooting confirmation dialogue displays. Click Yes to start the rooting process.
- After the rooting process completion, software starts Analyzing and Scanning the Device process to restore your photos.
- On completion of analyzing and scanning process, the list of recovered files shows .
- You can also sort the scan results by clicking on ‘Show All,’ ‘Deleted Only’ or ‘Existing Only’ radio button.
- The deleted items shows up in RED while others in Black. You can also see the preview of retrieved photos before saving them.
- Select the photos you want to recover, and click Save.
- In Save Files window, click Browse to choose a destination to save the recovered photos and click Save.
You may create a backup of your restored files for avoiding data loss in future.
Use Photo Recovery Software
In case the deleted photos were saved on the phone’s SD card, you can use a professional photo recovery software such as Stellar Photo Recovery. This easy-to-use software can recover deleted/lost photos from a formatted or even corrupt SD card. The software is available for free download and lets you scan and recover photos in a few simple steps.
The photos and videos are definitely the treasured assets of your life, and you simply can’t afford to lose them. Therefore, in case of photo deletion or loss from Photo Vault app on your smartphone, choosing Stellar Data Recovery for Android is the best approach to recover them. However, if the deleted pictures were saved on memory card or the SD card, you can choose Stellar Photo Recovery Software to get them back safely.