Summary: This post demonstrates how you can recover your OGG audio files from any device with the help of Stellar Photo Recovery advance settings.
Have you lost the important audio files in OGG file format and now looking for ways to recover OGG files? If Yes, Here is the solution you need. OGG files with .ogg extension are compressed audio files. You may have your favourite music collection or important audio clips for a project in OGG file format stored in any media or music player.
The files can get lost due to several reasons like virus infection in media, corruption, formatting, or unable to open the player on your computer etc. Irrespective of the reason of the loss, this post guides you to recover lost or deleted .ogg audio files from any storage media.
Methods to Recover OGG files
1. Recover through audio file recovery program
2. Perform Chkdsk
3. Assign a new drive letter
4. Reinstall the driver
Recover with Audio File Recovery Software
An audio file recovery software – Stellar Photo Recovery is the easiest and confirmed tool to restore lost OGG audio files from any memory card, SD card, memory stick or computer drive.
The software is available for both Mac and Windows systems. It can restore all types of audio files including OGG, lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection or corruption of the media.
Steps to recover OGG audio files using Stellar Photo Recovery
The do-it-yourself software is quick to restore your audio or music files. Connect the storage media to the PC, download and run the software. Next, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Select from which drive to recover. Customize your recovery process through Advanced Settings option on top left corner. Click on it. Select OGG under Audio format and click Close.
- Click Scan to start the scanning process.
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data, in the selected memory card. In the left-pane of main window, all the recovered audios are listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
Note: If you do not see the required audios in the list, opt for Deep Scan option at the bottom.
- Click Recover. You can also choose to recover only the selective files – select files that you need, right click, and click Recover.
Does your OGG files storage media ask you to format when trying to access it?
If the driver asks you to format the OGG storage drive before opening it or gives errors like SD card or memory stick is damaged. Try reformatting it, perform Chkdsk.
Steps to perform Chkdsk
- Go to Windows Start option and type cmd in the Search box
- Right-click cmd and select Run as Administrator
- A command prompt opens, type chkdsk < OGG file drive letter>:/f (e.g., chkdsk E: /f)
- Press Enter
- Once process finishes, restart the computer
Is your OGG storage media not seen in the list of connected drivers to the PC?
If the drive letter of your MP3/MP4 player or the SD card is not visible in the list of connected drivers to the PC, assign a new drive letter.
Assign a new drive letter
- Connect the OGG storage drive to your PC
- Open the Run dialogue box using Windows+R key
- Type compmgmt.msc and hit Enter
- Under Storage choose Disk Management
- On the right pane, right-click the drive you want to assign a letter. Choose Change Drive Letter and Paths
- A dialog box will appear, click on Change
- Check in Assign following drive letter
- Choose the letter you want to give from the drop box. Click OK
- Restart your computer
Your computer does not recognize the OGG storage media? Reinstall the driver
If your computer does not recognize memory card or MP3/MP4 player with OGG audio or you see a message ‘Please insert the disk into drive E:’ try by reinstalling the drivers on your system.
Reinstall the driver
- Right click on My Computer
- Follow Manage > Device Manager
- Double-click Disk Drives from the list
- Right click on the name of your removable drive. Click Uninstall. Click OK
- Next, restart your computer and you will see a message Installing device driver software
- Next, connect your media to the computer to access OGG files
Unable to play OGG files in MP3 player? Try the below simple hacks:
- Convert OGG audio files to another format like MP3, MP4, or WAV using OGG audio converter tool
- Play in another media player like VLC Media Player or Winamp
Stellar Photo Recovery is the best audio recovery tool that can recover lost or deleted OGG files stored in any player or drive. However, in situations when your drive is not read or recognized or asks to format, once giving a shot to the above manual methods is also not a bad idea.
Want to evaluate before buying? Download the demo version here.