Summary: This post shares 5 methods to recover deleted or lost Contacts from iCloud to your iPhone. It also shares the most efficient software — Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone that allows you to restore only the required contacts.
As an Apple user, you may be already using iCloud. iCloud backs up and keeps all data, including the Contacts names and numbers in sync between your iOS devices.
If you have lost or deleted contacts on iPhone and want to recover them, iCloud is the way to go.
There are various ways to use iCloud to recover missing, deleted, or inaccessible contacts on iPhone, but only when you have iCloud backup.
Here, we will guide you through the below 5 methods to restore contacts on iPhone using iCloud:
- Recover deleted Contacts from iCloud backup
- Recover deleted Contacts from iCloud.com
- Recover Contacts from iCloud without losing existing iPhone data
- Turn Off and On iCloud Contacts
- Merge iCloud Contacts
You can try these methods to restore contacts on iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6 Plus, 6S, 6, and below.
Method 1: Recover deleted Contacts from iCloud backup
You can recover your iPhone contacts using the backup file saved in iCloud. This method will get back your lost contacts, but all the current data is deleted and replaced with new the backup file.
Hence, it’s important first to take backup in iCloud or iTunes and then perform contacts recovery from iCloud.
Steps to recover Contacts from iCloud backup:
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Navigate to follow General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings
- Select Erase Now in the confirmation box and follow the prompts until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- On Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select the backup file from the list and wait to finish.
Method 2: Recover deleted Contacts from iCloud.com
In case the iPhone is inaccessible, lost or stolen, iCloud.com allows you to restore Contacts using the automatically archived backup versions. It is also helpful, when you want to retrieve accidentally deleted contacts.
Note: iCloud archives the current version of Contacts, whenever you restore a previous version.
Steps to recover Contacts from icloud.com:
- Open icloud.com in your web browser on computer.
- Sign in to iCloud account.
- Click on Settings.
- Under Advanced, click Contacts.
- You will see the list of available archived versions with date and time. Click Restore against the Contacts version you want to recover and wait until iCloud finishes the restore process.
The restored contacts would now appear on all your synced iOS devices.
Method 3: Recover Contacts from iCloud without losing existing iPhone data
Recover deleted contacts using Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. The utmost benefit of using the software to retrieve contacts from the iCloud backup file is that it doesn’t delete or replace your existing data on iPhone or iPad.
Further the software lets you select and restore only the required contact names and numbers.
You can use this iCloud contacts recovery software in situations of accidental deletion, iOS crash, locked iPhone, inaccessible, broken, stolen iPhone, etc.
Steps to restore contacts from iCloud backup to iPhone without losing existing data:
- Download Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone on PC or Mac.
- On the software main screen, select Recover from iCloud Backup.
- Select Contacts & Call Logs and click Next.
- Enter the Apple ID and password.
- From iCloud backup files, select the relevant backup of your iPhone and click Scan.
- Once the scanning finishes, preview the found contacts before recovery. If you don’t see the desired contacts in the list, click Deep Scan at the bottom.
- Select the contacts that you want to restore and click Save. You can save the recovered contacts on your iPhone or computer.
Method 4: Turn Off and On iCloud Contacts on iPhone
If your contacts have disappeared from iCloud or iPhone, try to toggle off and then toggle on the iCloud sync of your contacts. This method works if you have enabled iCloud sync on your iPhone or iPad.
Steps to fix missing contacts from iPhone:
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Contacts.
- Toggle Contacts option off and then on.
- When iCloud asks to replace your iPhone contacts with iCloud contents, select Delete from My iPhone. Your contacts would appear on iPhone and iCloud.
Method 5: Use Merge iCloud Contacts option
If you have synced iCloud contacts with your iOS devices, once try the merge option to restore missing contacts on iPhone.
Merging contacts in the iCloud backup with those in your device often gets back all the contacts on iPhone.
Steps to merge contacts from iCloud:
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Contacts. Turn off the Contacts option.
- Select Keep on My iPhone in the message box.
- Turn on Contacts again.
- Select Merge. Contacts from iCloud will now be visible on your iPhone.
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone is the best way to restore iPhone Contacts from iCloud. It is not only quick to recover the deleted or lost contacts on iPhone and iPad but it also ensures that your existing data on the device is protected. Without deleting the current photos, videos, messages, call logs, and other iPhone data, the software restores contacts from iCloud.