Launched globally on July 29th, 2015 by the tech giant, Microsoft, Windows 10 completed a year this July. To celebrate its one-year success, Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on the 2nd of August, 2016. The update was released in the hope of offering something better and enhanced to its users across the globe. It was believed to be a revelation for all users. Unfortunately, the chief objective of the ‘Anniversary Update’ release was shattered when users (especially GPT users) reported technical issues during or soon after installing the update.
There were multitudes of problems which users experienced. These include:
- Loss of Windows partitions.
- Occurrence of error messages that disrupt the normal functioning of the system.
- Drivers and compatibility issues.
- Storage problem during installation of the update.
- Corrupt or missing installation files, to name a few.
Also, Windows 10 activation problems, minimum system requirements issue, incompatible application error during installation, system freezing trouble have also been faced by users as well. Until now, about 20 issues have been reported with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Most of these issues pose a threat to the stored data, the most hazardous being, the loss of Windows partitions after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This results in the inaccessibility of stored data. And, data being one of the most valuable assets of individuals and businesses, cannot be compromised.
Consequently, fixing ‘Windows 10 AU partition disappear’ issue should be one of the prime intentions of all users facing this situation. This blog identifies methods to lost partition recovery issue caused due to the Anniversary Update in Windows 10. Below are the two resolutions described. Select one which is beneficial for you!
1. Roll Back to the Older Windows Version
You can roll back to the earlier version of Windows such as 8, 7, etc. so as to get back the lost partitions. But the catch is that this step may not be wholly beneficial.
Though this method may help you to recover the lost partitions, yet you will not be able to enjoy the benefits of the existing Windows 10 operating system if you degrade to a lower Windows version. Therefore, to roll back to the older Windows versions without losing partitions and the data, the best method would be to clone each partition and then restore data from it.
However, if you are satisfied with the earlier versions of Windows, you need not go for other recovery solutions. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the benefits of the latest available OS, you can then opt for the next solution.
2. Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows
Another option to fix the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Lost Partition issue is to leverage the Stellar. Download, install, and register ‘Stellar Data Recovery Professional‘. This high-tech and easy-to-use software specialize in recovering lost, deleted, RAW as well as formatted partitions (volumes) of your Windows machine.
Follow the steps below to run the software and retrieve your lost partitions:
- Download the software on your Windows machine irrespective of the version. The system can run smoothly on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP. After installation, on the main screen, you will get ‘Select What to Recover’ option. This makes you select what type of data do you want to recover with the help of this software.
- After selecting the required data, move towards the next step for recovery. For this, press ‘Next’. You will get the following interface:
- The ‘Recover From’ window asks you the location from where do you want to recover your data. Select it as per your need and click Scan for continuing the Scanning Process.
- The Scanning Process will show you different status like Scanning Status, Time Elapsed and Time Left for the completion of Scanning. After the scanning process has completed, all the files or folders of the selected location gets listed under the File Type, Tree View and the Deleted List tabs.
- Now, select the required file to be recovered and press Save Button at the right bottom corner of the software interface. You’ll find a window prompt, asking for the Destination Location.
- Select the desired location and press ‘Save’ button for data recovery.
With Stellar Data Recovery Professional, ‘Windows 10 AU partition disappear’ issue can be resolved in quite a straightforward and simple manner. However, to run the software for recovering the lost partitions, the pre-defined instructions must be followed correctly.