Summary: If someday, some of your files show .crypt file extension instead of the original files it means some strong key has encrypted your files and your data has become inaccessible. The best approach to bring back the lost data is to trust a professional data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery.
“.crypt” is the file extension for the files encrypted by CryptXXX Ransomware. This malicious ransomware virus has the potential to encode all data types including Documents, Spreadsheets, PDFs, and Media files. Thus, if someday, all of a sudden, some of your essential files show .crypt file extension instead of the original files it means some strong RSA-2048 key has encrypted or locked your files and your data has become inaccessible.
The CryptXXX attacks are growing day by day and victims are suffering data loss pain from blackmailers like Cryptolocker, Bit Crypt etc. Even those who paid to decrypt their files are not getting any success. They can’t do anything about it but watch the files being destroyed further.
Actually, malware encrypts the file and marks the copy of it, which means it first encrypts the copy and then also delete the original file. Therefore, the best way to avoid ransomware payment and bring back the lost data is to use an effective data recovery software.
How to Recover Lost Data?
The best and idealistic approach to bring back the lost data is to trust a professional data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows. It is because this software is 100% secure, efficient, and reliable. Further, this comprehensive DIY tool promises to recover inaccessible data in a few simple clicks.
Note: It is advisable to install this software on another computer and connect your infected drive on that system to recover data.
You can also have a look at the below step by step guidelines:
- Download and install the software.
- Launch the software to start recovery.
- The primary interface ‘Select What to Recover’ highlights three main recovery options. Here, choose the desired option. These options are:
- Everything: Check-mark this to retrieve all the data.
- Documents, Folders & Emails: Checkmark this to regain office documents, Word, Excel, files, folders, and emails
- Multimedia Files: To address photos, audio and video recovery, checkmark this option.
- The next interface ‘Recover From’ indicates different locations (specific location or connected drive). Choose the right option as per need. These choices are:
- Common Locations – Include Desktop, My Documents and Choose Location.
- Connected Drives – Include all the drives (internal, external, or removable) connected to the system.
- Other Locations – Include existing disk images.
- Click Scan.
- Click Recover to regain scanned files.
- Specify the desired destination and Click “Start Saving” to save recovered data.
Apart from recovering data from “.crypt” file, Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows is also potent enough to recover data from bad sectors, formatted hard drives and much more.
In the End
It is always advisable to use the updated antivirus software in your computer to avoid such malicious ransomware attack but in case the files get encrypted then instead of paying money to blackmailers always use an efficient and easy to use data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows to recover your inaccessible data.