Summary: Have you lost your important photos and videos stored in microSD card? Are you looking for the best solution that can recover microSD card? Read on this post to know the best ways to recover lost or deleted photos and videos from micro SD card or SD card of any brand
Hundreds of photos and videos stored in the little microSD card of your camera or mobile phone are actually precious memories, which you never want to lose. However, accidents do happen and you may lose your valuable media files due to accidental deletion, formatting, and other technical hiccups.
Nevertheless, the good news is that you can recover such lost photos and videos from your microSD card. However, before you know how to recover multimedia files, understand the reasons for the loss of photos and videos from your microSD card.
Why you lost your photos and videos from microSD card
The durability of microSD cards depends upon their usage, which not only includes read & erase cycles but also the way you handle the SD card. MicroSD cards are prone to physical damage and corruption that eventually lead to loss of stored media files on it.
Some common reasons you lost your photos & videos from microSD card:
- Accidentally deleted photos or videos from microSD card
- Lost photos due to virus infection
- Formatted the microSD card
- MicroSD card is not accessible as your computer does not recognize it
|Tip: Maintain multiple backups to avoid media files loss from microSD card. You can create backup in MicroSD cards, USB flash drive, hard drive or Google drive.|
How to recover microSD card photos and videos
The recommended and popular solution to the lost photos and videos from microSD card is the advanced multimedia files recovery tool – Stellar Photo Recovery.
Developed by the leaders of data recovery solutions, the Stellar recovery software is safe to download and quick to recover thousands of photos and videos. It supports recovery of microSD cards of any brand and storage capacity.
The software recovers your lost photos and videos from damaged, corrupt, inaccessible microSD cards. You can also recover photos and videos that you accidentally deleted or lost due to formatting of the MicroSD card.
The DIY software supports all kinds of photo and video file formats recovery of all popular brands of digicams, DSLRs, CCTV, mobile phones and drone cameras.
It is available for both Windows and Mac systems.
Steps to recover microSD card media files with Stellar Photo Recovery
- Connect the microSD card to computer
- Download and run Stellar Photo Recovery Software on your system
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Next, select the location from where you want to recover. Click Scan to start the scanning process
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data. In the left-pane of main window, all the recovered data is listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
Note: If you do not see the required photos in the list, opt for Deep Scan option at the bottom.
- Click Recover. You can also choose to recover only the selective files – select photos that you need, right click, and click Recover.
- In the dialog box, specify the location to save the image files. Click Save. All the files get saved at the specified location Click Save. All the photos get saved at the specified location.
You can also Preview the recovered files and save them at a desired location
|Tip: Don’t save the recovered media files in the same microSD card. Save them at a different location either on your computer on another storage media.|
Watch the video how to recover lost photos and videos from microSD card
|MicroSD card photos & videos loss situation||Solution|
|1.||Accidently deleted photos and videos from microSD card||Recover with Stellar Photo Recovery|
|2.||Lost photos and videos due to formatting of microSD card||Recover with Stellar Photo Recovery|
|3.||Loss photos and videos due to virus infection or corruption in microSD card||Recover with Stellar Photo Recovery|
|4.||You can read your media files but cannot save them||On the left side of micro SD card, slide the lock-switch to upward position to unlock it|
|5.||MicroSD card give errors like ‘MicroSD card is damaged. Try reformatting it’||1. Perform Chkdsk OR
2. Format the micro SD card and recover lost media files with Stellar Photo Recovery
|6.||MicroSD card’s drive letter not visible in the drives list on your PC||Assign a new drive letter|
|7.||Your PC does not detect MicroSD card due to corruption in the drivers||Reinstall the drivers|
Manual methods to recover lost photos and video in microSD card
Once you have deleted your photos and videos from any type of microSD card, it cannot be recovered by manual methods.
However, manual methods are helpful, when you may not view your media files because of the inaccessible microSD card or if it asks you to format, which deletes the media files saved on it.
You can try below manual methods to view your photos and videos stored in any MicroSD card:
Manual fix 1: Assign a new drive letter
- Open Disk Management
- Look for the SD card and right-click on it
- Select “Change Drive Letter and Paths” and apply the changes
- Restart PC and connect your MicroSD card again
Manual fix 2: Reinstall the driver
- Go to My Computer/ This PC and right click on it
- Click on Manage > Device Manager on the left pane
- Double-click Disk Drives from the list
- Right click on the name of your removable drive
- Click Uninstall
- Click Ok
Restart your system and reconnect your microSD card. Your computer system will detect it now. You can access the media files stored on it.
Manual fix 3: Perform Chkdsk
- Go to Windows Start option
- Type cmd in the Search box
- Right-click cmd and select the Run as Administrator
- A command prompt opens, type chkdsk < MicroSD card drive letter>:/f (e.g., chkdsk E: /f)
- Hit Enter.
The popular Stellar Photo Recovery is a safe way to recover lost photos and videos from your microSD card without losing their original quality. Equally recommended by professionals and home users, Stellar Photo Recovery is quick to recover back thousands of photos and videos in few minutes that too with their original date, time, and name.