Summary: The blog contains information about XQD memory cards and reveals some of the common reasons that are responsible for the loss of photos from the card. It also describes the procedure to recover deleted or inaccessible photos from the memory card even if it is damaged or corrupted.
XQD memory cards are highly compatible with high definition camcorders as well as high-quality digital cameras. It comes with a faster speed and considerable storage capacity. The read/write operations are performed with remarkable speed between 1 gigabytes per second and 4 gigabytes per second.
There are two categories:
XQD G Series
XQD M series
Undoubtedly, the XQD memory cards help store large volume pictures; however, they do not guarantee complete security over stored data. They do have a built-in recovery software but when XQD cards turn corrupted or inaccessible at times, it demands of implementation of appropriate photo recovery procedures to recover photos from XQD memory cards.
Reasons that Make XQD memory cards corrupt or unresponsive.
Listed below are the possible reasons:
- Some of the media files may have got accidentally deleted while attempting to preview them on digital camera
- You may have formatted the entire XQD memory card unintentionally while resolving an image error
- Sudden power failure, frequent power surges, or any logical corruption in the system may harm the memory card, therefore, turning it corrupt
- Consistently using the camera to capture images while it displays ‘low battery’ message turns media files to an unreadable state
- Ejecting the XQD memory card without following the proper memory card removal procedure harms the card, thus making it inaccessible
- Using the memory card on different devices to access or copy image files as well as to capture and store them on the card
If your XQD memory card has turned corrupt due to any of the above-mentioned reasons, you can recover all the lost images successfully. Since no built-in procedures are available to recover deleted data from the memory cards, you can employ professional XQD memory card recovery software to recover Photos from XQD Memory Cards.
All you need to know about Photo Recovery Software
Stellar Photo Recovery is a professional utility software to recover images, audio clips, and videos from damaged, corrupt, or formatted XQD memory cards. The software supports photo recovery from all volumes of memory cards including all brands and models.
The software is the most recommended solution in any of the above-mentioned photo loss situations as it does not demand any technical expertise to operate the tool. The interface is straightforward and simple; therefore, data can be recovered quickly even by novice users with zero technical knowledge.
With the introduction of numerous social media platforms, photos have become quite an imperative component. Therefore, the software offers recovering photos and other multimedia files from all internal and external storage media. The best thing that makes the tool scalable among worldwide users is its cross compatibility.
Different versions of the software are available for Mac and Windows operating systems. Although different editions are available, the functional procedure is same, and the user can recover photos on both the platforms using XQD memory card recovery software.
Demo version of the tool is available to let users understand the functional criteria without making any investment on the product. The respective version allows scanning the XQD memory card as well as previewing all recoverable files within the tool panel.
Steps to Recover Photos from XQD Memory Card
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Select the location from where you want to recover. Click Scan to start the scanning process.
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data. In the left-pane of main window, all the recovered data is listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
Note: If you do not see the required photos in the list, opt for Deep Scan option at the bottom.
- Click Recover.
- In the dialog box, specify the location to save the image files. Click Save. All the files get saved at the specified location Click Save. All the photos get saved at the specified location.
Important Points to be noted!
- The recovered files will be stored under the root folders named by respective image file formats
- While selecting the file formats for recovery, if you fail to find any particular file extension, you can use the Search option to find any specific file format
- The recovered data will be restored to the selected location in its original format, structure, and quality
- Software is compatible and well supported over Windows 10, 8, 7 and lower versions
- Make sure to back up the XQD memory card data before performing image retrieval procedure using the professional photo recovery utility
To ensure that your XQD memory card stays secure with intact data, the below tips may prove useful:
- Be careful and avoid writing any new data to XQD memory card while the camera battery is low
- Make sure to abide by the actual memory card eject procedure while removing the same
- Keep your system up-to-date with antispyware program and antivirus application
- Immediately stop using the memory card if any data loss or damage appears
- Do not use same memory card on different devices as it may harm the card physically and logically