Summary: What happens when all your photos and videos get lost from your SDXC Card? This post tells you how you can recover all your data from SDXC Card with the help of Stellar Photo Recovery software.
You own an SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity) card that impressively showcases more storage and greater speed.
Typically used in digital cameras, DSLRs, drones, android phones etc., due to their ability to store a large number of high-resolution videos, audio, and photos, SDXC cards are considered more secure than normal SD cards.
But the bitter truth is, however faster is read & write speed of your SDXC card and of whichever brand they may be, there is always a risk of data loss. SDXC cards can get corrupt, formatted, or damaged due to a virus, abrupt system shutdown etc., which leads to loss of heavy multimedia files saved on them.
To ease the task of SDXC card data recovery, this post brings the step-by-step guide to recover multimedia files from SDXC card. So whether the SDXC card is of android phone or else any camera, follow this guide to restore all your multimedia files.
How to recover multimedia files from SDXC card?
The best way to recover multimedia files from SDXC cards is to use Stellar Photo Recovery Software. It is a highly secure and safe tool and technically adept to assure the recovery from sophisticated SDXC cards. Be it of any high-end camera brand, DSLR, android phone, or drone, the software easily restores high-quality videos, audios, and photos from damaged, corrupt, or formatted SDXC cards.
Moreover, it performs SDXC card recovery without compromising on the original quality of the stored videos and photos etc. The Stellar software supports hundreds of audio, video and photo file formats and even allows to add any new file formats that are not mentioned in its recoverable list.
Highpoints of Stellar Photo Recovery Software
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Faster recovery
- Supports RAW recovery
- Supports scanning of 2 TB of storage space
- Recovers data with original date time, Camera Model/Name, Resolution, and Filename
- Supports thumbnail recovery for severely corrupt photo file formats
- Safe and secure
Step-by-Step Guide for Successful SDXC Card Recovery:
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Next, select the location from where you want to recover. Click Scan to start the scanning process
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data. In the left-pane of main window, all the recovered data is listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
- Click Recover. You can also choose to recover only the selective files – select files that you need, right click, and click Recover.
- In the dialog box, specify the location to save the image files. Click Save. All the files get saved at the specified location.
Other important methods to recover multimedia files from SDXC cards
Usually, high-quality multimedia files in faster and advanced storage media like SDXC cards are difficult to recover through manual approaches still you can try the below methods to recover lost multimedia files.
1. Perform Chkdsk
Follow the given steps to perform check disk on your computer:
- Go to Windows Start option
- Type cmd in the Search box
- Right-click cmd and select the Run as Administrator
- A command prompt opens, type chkdsk < SDXC card drive letter>:/f (e.g., chkdsk E: /f)
- Hit Enter
2. Reinstall the driver
Try this solution, when your PC does not recognize the SDXC card. To reinstall the driver follow below steps:
- Go to My Computer/ This PC and right click on it
- Follow Manage > Device Manager
- Double-click Disk Drives from the list
- Right-click on the name of your removable drive
- Click Uninstall. Click OK
- Disconnect your SDXC card and restart your PCReconnect your SDXC card, the system will detect it now
3. Assign a new drive letter
Sometimes, the SDXC card letter does not show up in the list of drives on your computer. As a result, you are unable to access multimedia files stored on it. To assign a new drive letter to your SDXC card by following given steps:
- Connect the SDXC card to your PC
- Open the Run dialogue box using Windows+R key
- Type compmgmt.msc and hit Enter
- On the left pane of the window, under Storage choose Disk Management
- On the right pane, right-click the drive you want to assign a letter
- Choose Change Drive Letter and Paths
- A dialog box will appear, click on Change
- Check-in Assign following drive letter
- Choose the letter you want to give from the dropbox. Click OK
- Close Computer Management window
Even highly advanced SDXC cards are not free from data loss. To combat this issue, use Stellar Photo Recovery which supports ultra-high speed SDXC cards recovery. It works in every situation of videos and photos loss including accidental deletion, formatting, or corruption. The software easily restores high-resolution photos, 4K videos, and audio files lost from SDXC card.
You can download free trial version to evaluate the performance of the software for SDXC recovery.
For any query, feel free to comment below or contact our customer support.