Archive mailboxes are used to store older mailboxes and mail items. With Stellar Repair for Exchange, you can recover and export Archive Mailbox from a damaged or corrupt Exchange mailbox database (.EDB) file to PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats. You may also choose to export the recovered Archived Mailbox to a live Exchange Server or Office 365 directly.
The steps to recover Archive Mailbox by using Stellar Repair for Exchange are as follows:
- Download, install, and launch Stellar Repair for Exchange. Click Browse to choose the corrupt or damaged Exchange database (EDB) file. Use the Find button, when location is not known, to search EDB files in a folder, drive volume, or external media.
- Click Next and then select Quick or Extensive Scan. Quick Scan is faster and recommended for minor corruption. Extensive Scan is recommended for severely damaged Exchange database files. It takes longer but provides better results.
- After the Scan, the software displays an enhanced preview of recovered mailboxes and mail items in a three-pane window. To preview, click on a mail item.
- Then select the Archive Mailboxes from the list of recovered mailboxes in the left-pane. You may also use the search option to find Archive Mailboxes.
- After selecting the Archive Mailboxes, click Save under the Home menu at the top.
- In Save As dialog box, choose Save As PST option and click ‘Next.’
- Click Browse to choose a save location and click ‘OK.’ You may click ‘Apply Filter’ to filter the results.
- In Save Mailboxes, you can set or change the mailbox priority. This allows you to save critical mailboxes first than others.
- Click Next to start saving the Archive Mailboxes to PST format. You can check the recovery progress in the ‘Save’ dialog window.
- You may click ‘Remove’ to remove unprocessed mailboxes or click ‘Stop All’ to stop the save process.
Once Archive Mailbox(es) is recovered, you can import them into a live Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook account.