Free Recover 1 GB Deleted Videos, Music, Docs from Mac Hard Drive

Author : Creative Team Updated on November 3, 2017

Download the Free Edition of Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery utility to recover deleted and lost files from Mac hard drive. The software also supports the free recovery of data from external media, SSDs, and other supported devices. Click on the Free Download button to get the copy of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Free Edition.

Note: "1 GB Free Edition has been discontinued. We will update shortly"

Important: Download and Recover your macOS data with Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - Professional

3 Steps recovery through Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery application

(1) Select the hard drive

(2) Scan the hard drive

(3) Preview files before recovery

Steps to recover deleted data for free (with screenshots)

Step 1) During the preview, select the files and click the Recover button

Step 2) On clicking the Recover button, a window will pop up with 3 options:

• Register Free Edition

• Purchase

Step 3) Please click the Register Free Edition option

Step 4) Further, two options will show up

• I don’t have the registration key

• I have the registration key

Step 5) Click the option I don’t have the registration key

Step 6) You will be redirected to Free Data Recovery Registration page. Enter your Full Name, Email ID, and Country. Click Register

Step 7) After successfully submitting your details, you will shortly receive mail from Stellar Data Recovery to validate your account.

Step 8) Once validation is successful, you will receive the activation key to recover files for free.

Step 9) Copy the Activation Code and click software’s Tools << Register << Register Free Edition but this time select the option “I have the registration key”.

Click OK and enter the key you just received in your inbox.

Step 10) Click Register after the key has been entered.

Now you have successfully activated the Free Edition of Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software, which will allow you to recover 1 GB of deleted and lost files for free.

Step 11) Stellar Phoenix Mac data Recovery Free Edition activated successfully

Step 12) Save recovered files for free

[Note: After 1 Gb of free file recovery quota is consumed, you need to upgrade to Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Pro Version to recover unlimited files].

Read Helpful Articles

1. How to Recover Deleted Files from Mac Hard Drive
  2. How to Recover Files from an Unmounted Hard Drive
  3. How to Recover Deleted Files from Time Machine Backup Drive
  4. How to Recover Deleted Files an Encrypted Hard Drive

Natalija
June 16, 2016 08:34 am

i have problem with using free version. It is always request key and i dont have key . i dont have option to enter my datas to get key. Can you help me?
Natalija

June 16, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Natalija,

It might be possible that you have download and installed Professional version of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery application. Uninstall the current software and from the top of this article page, download the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Free Edition by clicking on the ‘Free Download’ button. Once installed, follow the exact procedure as mentioned above and you will be able to register the free edition. Once done, the software will recover 1 Gb of files for free. Hope this helps!

Jaime-Lee
August 21, 2016 08:21 am

I am having the same issue as above. I have downloaded the above link and it is still asking for the registration key and when i select that I don't have one it still asks for one?

August 22, 2016 04:54 am

Hi Jaime-Lee

Have you downloaded and installed the software through this file http://download.stellarinfo.com/stellar/StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery-FreeEdition.dmg.zip on your Mac?
It might be possible that you mistakenly downloaded the Pro version of the software. Do let us know.

RANJIT
December 20, 2016 09:46 am

Quite disappointed, wish communication could be clear while downloading the app with pricing. After spending 10 hour on trying to recover, get to know it's paid version. My requirement is only one time with data of 43 GB, doesn't make sense buying software worth Rs7,000/-

December 28, 2016 09:09 am

Hello Ranjit,

Thanks for sharing your concern.
Would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Could you please provide more details about the DMG which you first downloaded in the impression of free Mac data recovery software? For your information, Stellar Data Recovery have 2 version of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery below –

1. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery
2. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Free Edition

This web page is dedicated to the Free Edition software that helps recover 1 GB of deleted files for free. You might have downloaded the non-free edition application unknowingly. Moreover, we have also mentioned the text "Free-Edition" in the 1 GB Free software DMG filename. That is - StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery-FreeEdition.dmg.zip while the non-free DMG filename is StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery.dmg.zip .

Right now, no Mac data recovery software allows complete free recovery. Since software development and testing incorporates time and money, hence the application can’t be free, even if the user wants to recover just two files. In your case, the data size to be recovered is 43 GB, and that’s not small file size indeed. You might require the application for this time, but please remember that it will cater your future data recovery needs as well.

Dear Ranjit, our application is available for lifetime and 24X5 tech support with over 20+ benefits that includes Time Machine recovery, Encrypted recovery, New headers, macOS Sierra support, Disk Imaging, BootCamp support, Rescue CD etc.

Hope this helps.

Once again, we apologies for the issue. Do let us know your further query.

Keith
December 30, 2016 03:47 pm

Is there a free 1GB version for Windows?

January 2, 2017 03:13 am

Hi Keith,

Yes, we also provide free data recovery software for Windows. You can download and use the software from https://www.stellarinfo.com/free-data-recovery.php

Please don't forget to share your feedback!

Thanks,

Cat
March 17, 2017 12:51 pm

I downloaded the free version and it still won't let me download 1 GB for free. I have 757.9 MB in total needing to be restored after a three day scan, and the "Register Free Edition" option doesn't show up.

March 20, 2017 06:19 am

Hi Cat,

Please let me know about some details:

i) What software DMG file you downloaded? Perhaps, you downloaded the Professional version of the software?

ii) Is Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - Free Edition written on the software (See reference https://www.stellarinfo.com/support/kb/images/mac-data-recovery7/free/2.png)

iii) When you click Tools from the top menu bar, do you see Register button? What windows opens up after you click Tools << Register?

iv) Let me know what macOS you running?

If you want to send the screenshots then send me here vishal.chaudhary[@]stellarinfo[dot]com

GAUTAM JHA
March 27, 2017 01:54 pm

The extracted files cannot be loaded.

March 28, 2017 07:06 am

Hello Gautam,

Could you please let us know what file types have you recovered/extracted using the software? Also, how many such files are unable to load?

hungle
April 24, 2017 04:14 pm

Mine do show Register Free Edition, however after I follow all the steps, it shows a pop-up: This software is Tampered, you need to purchase to recover unlimited data.
What is that? I thought I have 1GB free to try it?
I appreciate your help!

April 24, 2017 09:02 pm

We would like to inform you that you are not using the latest version of application.

We recommend you to download the software from the given link below: -

Kindly let us know the outcome of it

Tony
April 26, 2017 06:41 pm

Got all of these steps to work, but the file I saved back to my computer seems to have nothing there. The .MOV file is there, but it won't play. I tried importing the file into premier just to see if anything showed up but it was just a green screen with static noise. Encoder wouldn't take the file either. So I guess, these steps worked fine for me, but I didn't actually get my file back. And it was 700+ MB so I can't try again without hitting my 1GB limit.

April 26, 2017 09:53 pm

Thank you for contact Stellar Data Recovery.

We would like to know are you able to see the partial preview of the video in the software or not.

We would like to inform you that the video file you recovered must be fragmented that is why you are not able to play the file.

Your reply is awaiting.

Stellar Data Recovery.

Steven Leiva
June 25, 2017 04:56 am

Hi! I downloaded the program, and had followed all the steps, I received the key but when I put it on the register free edition appears: Invalid key! Activation failed!

Steven Leiva
June 25, 2017 04:57 am

christian
July 17, 2017 08:47 am

i literally only need to recover 92kb and i need to pay $100 for that ? there is no free registration button

July 17, 2017 01:37 pm

We would like to suggest you to install the software from the below link to get 1 GB free Data recovery you need to register yourself through your email address then you will get the key to activate the free 1gb application.

Kindly let us know the outcome

Warm Regards,

Punit Sharma
Data Recovery Associate

Karl
November 21, 2017 10:50 am

When will a Mac version for evaluation be available again?

November 21, 2017 02:09 pm

As per your concern we will contact you through email.

Warm Regards,

Alex
January 7, 2018 01:15 pm

Whenever I try to recover my files with the free edition it asks where I want my files to go and when I do it says it will lead to data loss. Do I need to select a particular kind of location?