How to resize Mac partition using Stellar Partition Manager

January 12, 2016     13984 views     0     0

Using Stellar Mac disk and partition software, you can effortlessly manage, create, format, delete and resize Mac partitions. Further the Mac partition software allows creation of bootable media in order to resize startup drive i.e. Macintosh HD.

Steps to resize Mac partition using Stellar Partition Manager

(1) Create bootable disk image using Stellar Mac Partition Manager software. Using Disk Utility<

(2) Now restart Mac and press-hold Option key to bring in the boot menu option. Select bootable media to start Mac OS. Now, Stellar Partition Manager utility will run in bootable environment.

(3) The left pane of the software interface lists all the hard drives connected to the Mac system.  Select the hard drive, from which you want to resize a partition.

(4) Select the disk/partition that you want to resize.

(5) If you want to decrease the partition size, drag the partition edge upward, whereas if you need to increase the size of the partition, drag the same towards downward.

(6) Once you increase the partition size, you can notice the increased amount of space to be subtracted from the amount of available free space. In the same context, if you decrease the size, you can see the decreased amount of the partition size, getting added to the total amount of free space available.

(7) The resizing task gets added to the Tasks to do list. From the tool bar, click the Start icon to execute the added task.

(8) A formal message box opens that informs to back up your valuable data, before performing any resizing operation. Click the Continue button.

You can see the newly resized partition with its increased/decreased size, in the middle pane of the interface.

Logan
March 4, 2012 05:05 am

I can't resize my bootcamp volume using this program. I could drag up or down the Recovery HD volume but I couldn't drag the bootcamp volume. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

April 9, 2012 03:46 am

Hi Logan,

Sorry to say but our software doesn't work on bootcamp Volume.

Thanks & Regards,

TamPepper
June 20, 2012 10:48 am

I have got myself in a jam
I spit my drive in two using the mac disk util.
I installed Mountain Lion on the second partition.
I was so impressed by Mountain Lion, I deleted the Lion partition and its recovery partition.
I thought all I had to do was enlarge the second partition to full size but am unable to resize it.
I think it is something to do with not being able to move the recovery partition
Would your Partition Manager cure this problem ?

July 12, 2012 04:38 am

Hi TamPepper,

Yes Of Course our software works in this situation. You can simply follow the below mentioned steps to resize your partition:

1. Open Stellar Partition Manager. Select the Hard Drive.

2. Select the Mountain Lion Partition from the partitions list.

3. To allocate a preferred size to the partition simple drag the partition size upwards or downwards.

4. If partition size is increased, the increased amount of space is subtracted from the available free
space. If partition size is decreased, the decreased amount of space is added to the free space.

5. Click the Start button.

6. Once the process is completed, the resized partition will be shown in the middle pane.

To avoid data loss on your Mac volumes please ensure that you should have appropriate power supply and take back up if necessary because its a lengthy process.

JP
July 26, 2012 11:15 pm

I purchased Stellar Partition Manager last night to expand the largest partition on my LaCie external 1Tb drive. I had about 260GB of "free space" after removing one partition. After expanding the larger partition to take up all the free space I clicked "start" and 16 hours later the program is still "Moving Blocks" with about 80% completed. Is this normally how long it takes? Did I miss a step? Do you think I will have any data left when this long process is over?

July 27, 2012 10:52 am

Don't worry JP, Its a normal process, Resizing the Mac volume is a lengthy process and also depend upon your hard drive size. For 1 TB HDD its normal.

I have already mentioned in previous comment that to avoid data loss on your Mac volumes please ensure that you should have appropriate power supply and take back up if necessary because its a lengthy process and takes reasonable time to complete.

Peter
January 16, 2014 05:10 pm

I have bought Stellar partition manager to delete a partition on my macbook. I have carefully followed the instructions as far as burning a DVD from the create image file as instructed. The DVD is now burned and has self ejected and I have no idea what I am supposed to do next! Help please. My system is MacOS X 10.7.5

January 17, 2014 10:40 am

Hi Peter,

Since you have made the bootable DVD of your Mac, now you must follow the below steps to proceed further:

You can change the startup disk by using the keyboard’s 'Option' key such that all the available options that can be used to boot the computer will be displayed when the computer starts. To use the option key to change the startup disk:

1. Insert the Stellar Partition Manager bootable DVD in DVD drive. Restart computer.
2. Press the Option key.
3. All available options such as, DVD Drive, hard drive will be displayed using which the computer can be booted.
4. Select the DVD drive option to boot the computer by using the DVD drive.
5. The License Agreement screen appears on computer startup. Click I Agree button. Stellar Partition Manager application window appears automatically.

Now select the hard drive on which you want to perform the option. The hard drive will be displayed with all the partitions. You can select the partition for deletion and click on the Delete button to perform deletion action. You must ensure proper backup of that partition, because once deleted, all its data will be lost. So, don't forget to backup the partition.

Hope this helps. Do let us know further.

Andy
December 7, 2017 02:13 am

Hi Amit,
Quick question - i am currently formatting a corrupted external hardrive that was unable to be successfully formatted in Mac disk utility.
It's 128GB - seems to be taking a long time and I'm wondering if it's actually formatting it - seems to be working - there's nothing saying otherwise - although i can't see the progress bar as i've inserted a another drive in the time it's been formatted and it's taken me away from that window and i can't seem to go back to it. Anyway, how long can i expect it to take?

December 7, 2017 05:29 am

As per your concern we will contact you through email.

Warm Regards,