There is an option to migrate the recovered EDB Mailboxes directly on Exchange 2013 with the help of Stellar Repair for Exchange software.
Follow the below-mentioned steps and proceed:
- Launch the software Stellar Repair for Exchange and you will see the software interface:
Figure 1: Figure illustrates Software User Interface
- Click on Open EDB to select the Exchange Database File (EDB). Alternately, click on Find EDB to search the file when location is not known. Once you have located the file, click on Start button
- There are two options available in Select Scan Mode. Select the right method as per your requirement
- You can add multiple EDB Files if required. After the scanning process is completed, you will get a Preview of scanned items in front of your screen.
Figure 2: Figure illustrates 'Tree Format' Preview of EDB File
- Right click on the Offline EDB option, available on top of Left Column and click on Export to Exchange Mailbox. The following option is displayed:
Figure 3: Connection Options & Microsoft Exchange Server Information
- Fill in the Details of Exchange 2013 server including:
1. Admin Email
2. Server Name
3. User Password
- Check mark for ‘Connect to all mailboxes on server’
- The Export to mailbox option opens. Check whether all mailboxes are in Connected state
Figure 4: Figures illustrates list of connected mailboxes
- Click on particular mailbox and mailbox is successfully exported directly to MS Exchange 2013.
Verify database from Exchange Server 2013
Stellar Repair for Exchange software supports five different languages namely English, French, Spanish, Italian, German thus making it easier for other language users to migrate the recovered EDB mailboxes to MS Exchange 2013.