Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software provides the option to select the affected storage media and then scan it to recover your lost, deleted or inaccessible photos, audios, and videos. However, scanning the entire media takes a lot of time, and, in turn, maximizes the photo recovery process. But, there may be times when you need to retrieve the photos quickly. Nonetheless, the tool supports a few advanced options through which you can minimize the scan time and speed up the recovery procedure. Let's look at how the scan time is reduced through this utility.
You can reduce the scan time in two ways: By selecting file type or formats or By selecting region in the storage media
Note: For both methods, you need to use the Advanced Settings option provided in the main interface of the software.
Method 1: Selecting File Type or Format
By choosing file format for photos, audios, and videos for recovery of media files, the scanning time gets reduced considerably. Follow the steps mentioned below to select specific file formats.
- Install, Register, and Run Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery (Windows) software.
- Select Recover Photo, Audio & Video option of the tool’s interface. With this, all the hard drives and the media attached to your system gets listed.
- Select the complete hard disk, particular volume, or external media as per your need to retrieve the lost media files.
- Next, click on Advanced Settings tab that will take you to the Advanced Settings screen. The screen opens to the Supported File Formats containing three tabs: Photo File Format, Audio File Format, and Video File Format.
- After that, expand the required tab(s) out of the three and select the file formats that you want to scan and recover.
- If the desired file type is not present, you have a provision to add new ones. You can do so by clicking on the Add File Type button.
- Finally, click the OK button.
Method 2: Selecting Region in Hard Disk
By selecting a specific region in your hard disk for recovery of media files, fast scanning is assured. For the same follow these steps:
- Configure and execute the Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery (Windows) software.
- Then, choose Recover Photo, Audio & Video, an option present on the main interface of the application. With this, the hard drive and all other media attached to Windows system get listed.
- Next, choose the specific hard disk, volume, or any other external media from which the photos, audios, and videos are to be recovered.
- After that, click on the Advanced Settings tab located on the tool’s interface. With this, the Advanced Settings screen comes up.
- Thereafter, click on the Select Region, and select the region either by selecting starting and ending sector, or selecting a range on ‘Range Selection Scale’ that requires you to move the slider.
- Finally, click the OK tab.