Many of us may have both Mac & PC at their home or offices. At some point of time, it might happen that HFS formatted hard drive becomes inaccessible causing data loss. Further, the hard drive may not be detected on OS X Mac computer.
For instances like these, we have a Stellar Phoenix Mac recovery on Windows software that can read, scan & recover a HFS formatted hard drive on a Windows OS.
About the software:
Stellar Phoenix Mac recovery on Windows is data recovery software that facilitates recovery of lost, formatted & deleted files from a Mac HFS hard drive using a Windows OS PC.
Steps to recover Mac hard drive (HFS formatted) using a PC:
1. Download & Install Stellar Phoenix Mac recovery on Windows.
2. Connect Mac HFS drive to PC using a SATA/IDE cable. If you have an external HFS drive then simply connect with its USB cable.
3. Double-click software icon to launch Stellar Phoenix Mac recovery on Windows application.
4. Depending on the type of data loss, choose a file recovery option. It is advisable to run Deleted File Recovery for data lost by deletion. Choose Formatted Recovery if the drive data was lost due to formatting.
5. Select Mac HFS Drive and click ‘Continue’ to scan for lost, deleted or formatted data.
6. Extensive Scan of the Mac HFS formatted drive begins. Software scans every single block of the Mac hard drive to recover lost, formatted and deleted files.
7. After some time, scanning of the drive finishes. Software now lists all recovered files & folders to the user. User can navigate through recovered folders and double-click a file to launch its preview.
8. Once user is done with preview, he/she can select files for recovery using checkbox. Click the ‘Recover’ button to save recovered files on a user-defined location.
Note: Free download of the software allows user to preview lost, deleted & formatted files using Stellar Phoenix Mac data recover y on Windows. To save the recovered files, user need to first register the software.
For more information on the software Click Here.