How to Recover Files Deleted from Encrypted Mac Hard Drive?

December 27, 2018     23243 views     0     0

Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac is capable enough to recover lost, deleted, and inaccessible files from an encrypted hard disk drive, partition, or an encrypted external hard drive. To start the recovery process, you just need to download & launch this >encrypted Mac data recovery software, connect the password-protected hard drive to your macOS, and follow the systematic steps as stated hereunder.

Steps are:

Step 1) On the main interface, select what you want to recover, Recover Everything or Customize Your Scan. Click Next.

Mac encrypted hard drive recovery

Step 2) Under Select Location window, choose the Encrypted Drive.

select password-protected drive for recovery

Note 1: Make sure to provide the password to unlock your encrypted hard drive. Otherwise, on failing to provide the passcode, the software won’t proceed further to scan your encrypted drive.

unlock hard drive

Note 2: Once the drive is unlocked, re-select the drive and you can either switch to Deep Scan or stick with the primary scan option as per your convenience.

Step 3) Click Scan to begin scanning on the encrypted drive.

Step 4) After the completion of scanning, the software will enlist all the recoverable items such as Photos, Videos, Audio, Emails, and Documents in the Preview window.

scan completed

Step 5) Select any desired file or folder to launch its Preview.

Step 6) After Preview, select the files for restoration. Click Recover and it will allow you to choose a place to save your file. Select a folder at your desired location to save them.

Step 7) Saving Files… Wait till the process completes.

saving files

Tuffy
November 18, 2016 07:22 am

What if the encrypted drive is failing and has bad sectors? The software is not requesting a password. I see no option to enter it, manually.

November 18, 2016 10:00 am

Hi Tuffy,

Have you tried disconnecting - reconnecting the USB cable of the hard drive while the software is launched? The software refresh itself every time a HDD is connected to Mac and hence it will request for a password. And if the HDD is failing then it might not ask at all, as you mentioned. For more information, please get in touch with our support department at earliest. Here is the mail ID - support@stellarinfo.com

hh
April 21, 2019 04:42 pm

hi, My external hard drive was APFS encrypted and one software erase it accidentally to another partition apfs not encrypted, I have my password of old volume and information on my apple Keychain, do you think "scan lost volumes" + "Deep Scan" can read the lost volume encrypted with APFS ? Thank you for your answer

LIv
April 30, 2019 08:12 am

I cannot seem to get past the password stage. i have tried every possible password but nothing seems to work. What is the password from? I have tried my computer password, phone password, everything ...

April 30, 2019 01:25 pm

We have sent an email regarding this on your email address.

Stellar team

timbot
May 27, 2019 10:00 am

I'm having trouble accessing the external hard drive (of my iMac which has been having booting problems).

Every time I choose it, a prompt follows asking for a the password to unlock it.

After entering the password, I get the message " Logical Volume already unlocked". The Select Location screen then refreshes the drive list, and I have to re-select the hard drive again - and so the loop continues.

Any help would be much appreciated!

May 28, 2019 03:27 pm

We have sent an email regarding this on your email address.

Stellar team

Wayne
June 13, 2019 04:48 pm

I'm having trouble recovering data from a encrypted deleted volume using the "Can't Find Volume" option.

When you select a regular encrypted drive on the "Select location" menu there is an option to input the password which allows the application to search for encrypted data.

When I choose the "Can't find volume" it does not ask for a password to decrypt any possible lost volumes. It simply searches for those lost volumes (and does locate the desired volume). When I click "scan" the lost volume it only finds system files (as the rest remains encrypted).

How does one go about decrypting the lost volume for scanning for files?

Please get back to me on this ASAP. It's urgent.

Wayne
June 13, 2019 05:00 pm

How does one go about decrypting the lost volume for scanning for files?

Please get back to me on this ASAP. It's urgent.

June 13, 2019 07:59 pm

We have sent an email regarding this on your email address.

Stellar Team

Smart
June 20, 2019 08:52 am

When I click recover, it produces the folder structure as it was before deletion but when I extract the recovered files, they say "System cannot find the file specified" and sometimes even show some chinese characters in the file contents. I am unable to get back my files. Kindly help...its urgent

June 20, 2019 01:54 pm

We have sent an email regarding this on your email address.

Stellar Team

Ella Naylor
June 24, 2019 04:20 pm

Hi

I can't seem to get pass the password stage.

June 25, 2019 01:05 am

We have sent an email regarding this on your email address.

Stellar Team