Yes, you can recover JPEG files using the Filter option of the application. To apply filter, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Run Stellar Mac Data Recovery software.
2. Click Preferences button on the main user interface or select the Preferences option from StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery menu.
3. Click on Filter icon.
4. Under Specify file filter while saving selected data heading, select Graphics Files from the drop down menu.
5. Click the (+) button and the software lists the selected file types.
6. Remove all other file types (other than the ones you wish to recover) by selecting them one-by-one and then pressing the (--) button.
7. Select the Include these files only radio button (if it is not pre-selected).