After I scan my hard disk using Stellar Data Recovery application, the tree view lists the files and folders correctly. Can I recover just specific files/folders?

September 28, 2018     6283 views     0     0

Yes, you can recover only the files that you want to recover. Follow the steps listed below to recover the files you want:

Steps to perform selective recovery of folders and files:

• When you tick mark a folder (from left panel), all it's files are selected by default in the main window.
  • From the main window, use check-box to perform selective recovery.
  • Similarly you can select another folder and repeat the above process.

Once done with the desired file selection, click on the recover button to save the  files.

Stanley Wallace
June 16, 2013 03:03 pm

How do I select multiple folders or files on the list to recover on my Mac ? Click/CTL_Click, Click/Command-Click, etc do not select multiple lines from the list. I purchased Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery V5.0.0.8-EN-SOHO and it seems to be working but I have to click on each file ro folder I want to delete and I would like to select blocks of files. Thank you.

Stanley Wallace
June 16, 2013 03:12 pm

Correction to previous comment : I have to click on each file or folder I want to recover and I would like to select blocks of files. Thank you.

June 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Stanley,

All recoverable files and folders are listed on the left hand panel of the software. Simply use mouse click to check folders and files from the menu. You can select/unselect files & folders with the help of mouse and without any keyboard command.

Also we are trying to update this Knowledge base as well for more clarity.

Jonathan
November 26, 2017 05:31 pm

Hi Amit,

We NEED to be able to block select multiple files with once click. How can we do that? Please help.

November 27, 2017 10:41 am

As per your concern, we will contact you through email.

Warm Regards,

LORI
May 8, 2018 01:42 pm

I need to select blocks of data in the main folder - I am spending a lot of time selecting individual files one by one. How do you select group of files within a folder? I tried command select and shift and it doesn't work. Please help.

May 8, 2018 03:38 pm

We have sent an email as per your concern.

Warm Regards,