I scanned a hard disk using Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software and saved the scan info of the hard disk. Is the saved scan info enough to recover the data at a later stage?

July 4, 2017     11474 views     0     0

The saved scanned information can be used to recover the data at a later stage, but you must ensure that the scanned hard disk is always attached to the machine whenever you are recovering the data.

Follow the steps to save scanned information:

1. Run Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Software.

2. The software scans and displays all the lost files/folders of the selected volume in a tree view.

3. Click on the Back button or close Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery after a completed scanning process and the software prompts the user to save the scan information.

Note: Save Scan option is used to save directory tree structure generated after a drive scan.

4. Choose the destination directory and the file is saved to the specified location. This file is used to regenerate tree structure of found files/folders without re-scanning the hard disk. This saved scan file helps users resume recovery process at a later stage.

5. To regenerate the tree structure of found files/folders, go to main user interface of the software and click on Resume Recovery button.

Note: You can save scan result of a complete or incomplete recovery process. If you stop a scanning process, you can save scan information up to that point. However, you should perform the complete scan, and then save scan result.

Lyle Aspinall
November 9, 2015 03:57 pm

I saved a scan, but when I tried to open it later, the software didn't recognize it as a valid file. Is there an extension I can manually add to the file name to get it to be recognized?

November 10, 2015 05:53 am

Hi Lyle,

Did you create the DMG file using Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software? The file created with the software will be saved as disk image file (DMG). Is you current file have extension other than DMG. Moreover can you please mention the version of the Mac data recovery software you running?

Kevin W.
December 6, 2015 04:01 pm

I got a question. I scanned a external drive a few months back and saved the scan info. I built a new comp but kept the same HDD i used to scanned my external. I try to reopen the scan results via the saved image and it pulls Up, but the problem is that I can't recover files anymore. Everything comes out as zero bytes. Is there a way to fix this?

December 8, 2015 05:34 am

Could you please let us know what Version of Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software you used while creating the Image file and later scanning that image file? Waiting for your reply.
Thanks!!

Deny
January 25, 2017 09:32 am

The file created with the software is saved as disk image file (DMG). how to get my files from it

please help me

January 25, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Deny,

The file (DMG) doesn’t seem like a valid disk image file. Please create another disk image file using the software and use ‘Resume Recovery’ to scan and recover data from the disk image file.

Hope this helps

zac ghaffar
December 27, 2017 01:50 pm

I paid and downloaded this software only to find that the jpeg files won't open.

"It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize".

any ideas?