The saved scanned information can be used to recover the data at a later stage, but you must ensure that the scanned hard disk is always attached to the machine whenever you are recovering the data.
Follow the steps to save scanned information:
1. Run Stellar Mac Data Recovery Software.
2. The software scans and displays all the lost files/folders of the selected volume in a tree view.
3. Click on the Back button or close Stellar Mac Data Recovery after a completed scanning process and the software prompts the user to save the scan information.
Note: Save Scan option is used to save directory tree structure generated after a drive scan.
4. Choose the destination directory and the file is saved to the specified location. This file is used to regenerate tree structure of found files/folders without re-scanning the hard disk. This saved scan file helps users resume recovery process at a later stage.
5. To regenerate the tree structure of found files/folders, go to main user interface of the software and click on Resume Recovery button.
Note: You can save scan result of a complete or incomplete recovery process. If you stop a scanning process, you can save scan information up to that point. However, you should perform the complete scan, and then save scan result.