I have repaired my corrupt PST File using Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair? How can I import the repaired PST file into MS Outlook?

February 26, 2018     18449 views     0     0

Once you have repaired your PST file using Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair, you can easily import this file into MS Outlook to view and access all your recovered emails, contacts, notes, journals etc.

Steps to import the PST File into MS Outlook:

• Start the MS Outlook application.
  • Go to 'File' menu and click 'Import and Export'.
  • An 'Import and Export' wizard is displayed.
  • Select 'Import from another program or file' and click 'Next'.
  • From 'Import a File' box, select 'Personal Folder File (PST)' and click 'Next'.
  • Click 'Browse' to select the PST file that you need to import. After selecting the desired option from 'Options' box, click 'Next'.
  • In 'Import Personal Folders' dialog box, select the specific folders you need to import and click 'Finish'.

arshirezivi
September 8, 2011 10:01 am

Ya great your steps works for me thanks for great post

Colin Yee
April 8, 2012 09:54 pm

I have repaired the PST file but I cannot open MS Outlook as the error message still appears

April 20, 2012 04:47 am

Hi Colin,

Could you please explain your problem in detail, so i can suggest you the proper solution.

Olu Jones
May 3, 2012 01:45 pm

Repaired PST ok but when trying to open in outlook,error "not a personal folder"

Tony Vasilakis
May 29, 2012 07:05 pm

When attempting to input the Outlook Recovered.pst file, I get an error message:
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. "
Resstarting several times did not help. I tried several options as well - replace duplicates, allow no duplicates, etc. I even replaced my current Outlook.pst with an empty one. Still the same error message. Outlook 2003 Sp3

June 14, 2012 06:50 am

Hi Olu Jones,

Are you able to see the preview of your mails before recovery? If no mail seen in preview then go for Advanced Scan which will be available only when normal scan process finishes. After running advanced scan if still no preview available then no recovery is possible in that case.

June 14, 2012 06:53 am

Hi Tony Vasilakis,

Try Following command in Run:
outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Hope it works.

August 16, 2012 08:38 am

Hi George,

Please reinstall your outlook, It will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

scott p
November 29, 2012 02:46 pm

once the pst is repaired, do I have to import? Cant I just open data file in outlook?

November 30, 2012 06:32 am

Yes you can open the data file in outlook but if you want to see your emails in particular folder like inbox, contacts, etc. then you need to import the file or move the file.

Malcolm
March 9, 2013 02:02 am

Just run repair and now error message "access Denied" when trying to open the Archive recovered.pst file due to permissions or somthing? i tried importing the file ivia Outlook importy and thye same permissions/ access denied error.....very frustrating especially after 6 hrs to run repair and $129 fee to purchace the solftware

March 14, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Malcolm,

As the real environment is not known (Regarding OS version, MS-Outlook version).

Try to check the security settings of the share folder and the PST file:

1. Right-click on the file (folder) and select Properties.
2. Go to 'Security' Tab and ensure the account Everyone is present and have been assigned 'Full control' permission.
3. Continue clicking OK to apply the settings to the file (folder).

It may be possible that your PST file is password protected or the file body is damaged. So check your PST password & in the case of file body damaged you can try PST Recovery software to repair it.

Note: if the problem still persist, Call Stellar Support for detailed analysis of the problem.

Vaclav
November 11, 2013 04:06 pm

In Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST repair program I can see : mails, calendar and contacts. But after IMPORT to Outlook I see only mails. Can I repair (IMPORT) calednar and contacts too?

Abhay Mishra
November 13, 2013 03:14 am

You can easily access your contacts by following steps:

• First import repaired PST file into MS Outlook
• Then click "Ctrl+Shift+F"
• Now "Find Message / Advanced Find" window will open. Please select "Contacts" under "Look
For" tab
• Click on the "Browse" button and select the imported PST file
• Then, click "Find Now"
• Now you will be able to see all your contacts that you were able to preview with the
Software’s Demo Version. You may select the entire contacts listed and drag it to your
Original contacts list, so that you may use it further.

Same steps will apply for Calendars.

Thanks!!

James Timpson Jr.
September 24, 2017 04:10 am

I did the import of repaired pst into Outlook 2007 just as specified. Still get error message !
Task 'jtimpson1@verizon.net - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600'

Tried to import again and get:
This Personal Folders file (.pst) is already in use in the current profile

WHAT NOW?

September 25, 2017 01:12 pm

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As per your concern we will contact you through email.

Warm Regards,

Roger Tillman
September 16, 2018 01:28 pm

I have used Stellar PST Repair to repair a client's corrupt Outlook 2016 PST file. The process took 4 hrs. to repair and another 4 hrs. to save the repaired file.

Can I rename the repaired PST file to the original file name and open Outlook as normal, putting the repaired file into use instead of the original PST file? I cannot possibly "import" each file/folder without creating a real mess that would take hours of cleanup.

Also, the old file was 13GB but the new file is 17GB, is this normal? I expected possibly a decrease in file size. Should I compact the repaired PST file before trying to put it into use with Outlook? (I have purchased the Outlook Toolkit product)

September 17, 2018 08:43 am

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that once you save the repaired PST in your system then you may rename that PST file and can import that renamed PST into MS Outlook.

Further PST Repair software also recover the deleted emails hence size can be increase of repaired PST file and you may compact by the software during saving repaired PST file.

Best Regards,