Repairing multiple EDB files that are corrupt or damaged, with Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery software is quite easy. Nonetheless, you need to follow a pre-defined process. The process steps using which you can repair multiple EDB files with the help of this software are as follows:
- Click on the Open EDB tab to select the corrupt Exchange EDB file that has to be repaired. Next, click on the Start tab.
- Click on the Find EDB tab. With this the software searches and displays all the EDB files.
Note - You need to carry on this step if you do not know the location of the corrupt EDB file.
Figure 1: Selection of Exchange EDB file that is corrupt
- Find EDB File comes up on the screen. In the Look In drop-down menu of Find Options, select the drive and mention the file type as ‘EDB.’ Further, if you wish that the software searches for the EDB files in the ‘subfolders of the folders’ also check the ‘Find in Subfolder’ checkbox and click on the Start tab.
Figure 2: Search of Exchange EDB files
- All the EDB files from the location you selected is enlisted in the ‘Find Results.’ Now, select the EDB file you wish to repair and click on the OK tab.
- The Select EDB dialog box comes up again. Click on the Open EDB tab to select the corrupt Exchange EDB file that has to be repaired. Next, click on the Start tab.
- Select Scan Mode dialog box comes up. Select either Quick Scan or Extensive Scan followed by a click on the OK tab.
Note : ‘Quick Scan’ is a fast scanning process and gives desired results in most cases of corrupt EDB file. On the other hand, ‘Extensive Scan’ gives yet better results as it scans the EDB file extensively.
Figure 3: Selection of Scan mode
- The scanning process begins.
Figure 4: Scan process in progress
- On completion of scanning, a pop comes up saying that you can add multiple EDB files to the tree to repair them simultaneously. It also has a question: ‘Do you want to add another EDB.’ Thus, to repair multiple EDB files with the help of this software you need to click on the Yes tab. Further, select and add another EDB file in the recovery process.
Figure 5: Provision to add multiple corrupt EDB files
- After scanning, the recoverable mailboxes of the EDB files will be listed in a three-pane window.
Note - The left pane contains the list of recoverable mail folders. The top right pane contains and displays the data of the selected folder. The bottom right pane shows the details and body of the email that has been selected in the upper pane.
Figure 6: Preview of the recoverable items
- From the left pane of the window, select one or more mailbox item that you wish to recover and click on the ‘Save’ icon located in the File menu of the toolbar.
- A Save As dialog box appears on the screen that contains multiple saving options, such as PST, EML, MSG, HTML, RTF, PDF, and Office 365 environment. Select any of the file formats and click on the OK tab to save the recovered data items.
Figure 7: EDB file mailbox data saved in desired file format
- Finally, when the saving completes, the ‘Data Saved Successfully’ message appears. Click on the OK tab as a closure of the EDB file repair process.
Figure 8: Completion of EDB file repair process
The above-described steps define the way in which you can repair multiple EDB files with Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery software. Thus, you can execute these steps for successful repair of the corrupt or damaged Exchange EDB files.