The saved scanned information can be used to recover the data at a later stage but you must ensure that the scanned hard disk is always attached to the machine whenever you are recovering the data. You can save scan result of any scanning process as DAT file. You can save scan result of a complete or incomplete recovery process. Saving scan information saves your time. You can resume recovery by selecting the DAT file without scanning the drive again.
Note: You can save scan result of a complete or incomplete recovery process. If you stop a scanning process, you can save scan information up to that point. However, you should perform the complete scan, and then save scan result.
To save scan information:
- In 'Scan Results' window. Click Back button or; click on Home icon close the application.
- You will be prompted to save scan information.
- Click Yes.
- In 'Save scan information' dialog box, browse to the location where image file should be saved. Type the name of the image file in the File name text box. Click Save.
- Scan Information file will be saved with DAT extension.
Now, follow the below steps to recover using saved scan information:
- Run Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery - Professional software.
- Click Advanced Settings button (Gear icon on the menu bar).
- Click Resume Recovery button (Fourth icon from upper left corner) from Advanced Settings window.
- From the list of saved scan information select the image for which you want to resume the recovery process and click on Add. Similarly, to remove any image from the recovery process, select the image and click Remove.
- Click Resume Recovery to start recovery process.