This Knowledge Base article is about Stellar Converter for OST acquaints you with the process of transferring the license of the registered software to another computer. On doing so, the software will become inactive on the previous computer and active or fully functional on the new computer. To transfer the license of the software from one computer to the other, you need to execute specific steps on both target and source computer. The steps have been stated below:
Go to the Target System
- Download, install and then run the demo/trial version of the software.
- Go to Menu Bar and in the Registration Menu click on the Register tab.
- A Register window appears from which you need to select Offline Registration option and give a click on the OK tab.
- An Offline Registration dialog box displaying the Registration ID in the corresponding field appears.
Note – The Target Computer is the one on which the License of the software has to be transferred.
Go to the Source System
- Run registered version of the software.
- Go to the Menu Bar and in the Registration Menu click on the Transfer License button.
- The Transfer License window comes up. In has a Registration ID field in which you need to enter the ‘Registration ID’ displayed on the Target Computer’s ‘Registration ID’ field.
- In the Transfer License window, click on the Transfer In button. On doing so, a License Key will be produced.
- Click on the Save to File button to save both, the Registration ID and the License Key.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, choose the location to save the details by clicking on the Browse tab. Next, click on the OK tab.
- The saving process completes, and the ‘License Key has been saved successfully’ message will come up after which you need to click on the OK button.
With the execution of steps mentioned above, the software will be disabled on the Source Computer, and you would no longer be able to use the software on it.
Note – The Source Computer is the one from which the License of the software has to be transferred.
Go to the Target System once again
- Enter the License Key that was generated on the Source System in the provided field of License Key.
- Click on the Register button so that the activation process is completed.
- In the end, ‘Activation Completed Successfully’ message will be displayed after the completion of the process. Finally, click on the OK button.
Well, when the question is how to transfer the license of the registered software to another computer, concerning Stellar Converter for OST, following the steps that have been mentioned above will fulfill your purpose!