Summary: This article introduces a do-it-yourself and secure software that repairs SR2 file format of all Sony camera models.
SR2 files are uncompressed high quality images captured with Sony cameras. They are RAW file formats that if get corrupt are difficult to repair. However, Stellar Repair for Photo is one of a kind software that can repair the RAW file formats of Sony camera. Its advanced algorithms fix any corruption in the images with SR2 file extensions.
Why SR2 image files get corrupt?
There can be many reasons for the corruption in your SR2 files, from system errors to the way you handle the storage device containing the photos. Below are some of the common reasons due to which many users have lost their SR2 images to corruption:
- Saving SR2 images when camera SD card/memory stick is full or low in storage
- Taking photos in low camera battery
- Virus infection in storage media or drive
- Improper insertion or removal of SD card or memory stick
- Corruption in the storage drive or memory stick
- Sudden system crash or power cut during transfer of SR2 files
How to repair corrupt SR2 file formats
Corrupt images in SR2 file formats can only be repaired with the help of a safe photo repair software — Stellar Repair for Photo, which enables repair of RAW file formats of all Sony cameras. Stored in any media, you can fix all kinds of errors and corruptions in the images using Stellar photo repair solution.
The software also works efficiently on SR2 images that are severely corrupt beyond repair. It extracts their thumbnails, hence proecting you from complete photo loss situation. It is a fast solution to repair hundreds of SR2 files in one go.
Its straightforward and simple interface lets even novice users to repair their corrupt photos.
Step-by-step: How to repair SR2 files with Stellar Repair for Photo
- Run Stellar Repair for Photo software on your computer
- On the main user interface, click Add File
- Add File dialog box appears. Browse to add SR2 image files to repair. Selected photos get displayed as a list in the software.
- Check in the desired files to repair or select all SR2 files. Click Repair to start the process.
- Once the repairing process is complete, the repaired files dialog box appears. Click OK. To Preview the file before saving, select it and watch it in Preview window on the right pane. Click Save Repaired Files and select location to save the repaired photos.
Workarounds to fix corrupt SR2 image files
- View SR2 image files in different program: If your SR2 files do not open in one program, try another. For instance, instead of Adobe Photoshop you can open image in XnViewMP or File Viewer Plus.
- Convert SR2 to another file format: Try converting SR2 images to another format like DNG or JPEG. You can use any free online RAW file converter tool for the purpose.
- Use Image Editors to fix minor damages: Image editors like Adobe Photoshop, DxO PhotoLab, and Lightroom are helpful in removing grains, loss of color, or blurriness from the RAW images of Sony camera. However, unlike Stellar Repair for Photo, this method requires you to have editing skills as well as good knowledge about the software.
- Extracts thumbnails from severely corrupt ARW images
TIPS to protect SR2 image files
- Do NOT open/work with SR2 files directly on your camera storage card.
- Do NOT cut or paste the images from the storage card. Always copy.
- First check your SR2 files open correctly before deleting them from camera.
Stellar Repair for Photo is a proven and recommended SR2 files repair utility. Irrespective of the Sony camera model you are using, the software fixes all kinds of corruptions in SR2 files stored in any media or drive.
To evaluate the capabilities of this advanced photo repair software download its free demo version here and see the preview of your repaired SR2 image files. However, to unlock the complete functionality, buy the software through the secure payment gateway.