Fix: Error 0xc10100aa in Movies and TV app
Summary: Are you having trouble playing media files with your Windows Movies and TV application? We have curated this article to help you resolve the error 0xc10100aa using some quick & easy workarounds.
Since Microsoft introduced the Movies and TV app with Windows 10, it has received plenty of updates, and today it has become a popular media player for files of multiple formats. Additionally, Windows users also make use of this app as an avenue to stream digital content online.
But despite being laced with many helpful features, users sometimes encounter a common error with the Movies and TV app. Known as the “error 0xc10100aa,” the problem occurs when you try to play a video file in the application. When this problem arises, you can see a message like this pop up on your screen:
Several Windows users have reported this issue; luckily, it is pretty easy to fix. You can quickly troubleshoot this error by the different methods mentioned ahead in this article. But before that, let’s try and understand why it arises in the first place.
Reasons for error 0xc10100aa in Movies and TV app
Listed below are the common reasons why you could encounter the 0xc10100aa error in your Windows Movies and TV app:
Application’s location has changed
As the error message states, this problem occurs when the location of the Movies and TV application changes from its default installation folder. Due to the missing installation or system files, the app can’t perform any operation.
If you’re having this issue with a video downloaded from the Store, there could be a possibility that the file is incomplete and is still downloading.
Lack of memory
There could be insufficient RAM on your Windows device, due to which the application may be unable to run properly.
Virus or Malware
A virus could have entered your system and deleted some system files, including Movies and TV app files, and that could result in the misbehavior of the app.
The Video file is Corrupted
There is also a possibility that the local video file you’re trying to play in the Movies and TV app is corrupted. The corruption can happen by faulty transfers or missing headers.
How to fix error 0xc10100aa in Movies and TV app
1. Fix Movies & TV App
Fixing the application is the first and most important solution to remove the 0xc10100aa error. You can do three things to make the Movies and TV app run properly.
Option 1 – Inspect and set your system’s correct language, date, and time. Incorrect time and date can interrupt the functionality of many applications. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do this:
- Go to the Settings of your Windows PC.
- Select the Time and Language option.
- Check whether your computer’s language, date, and time are set correctly.
Option 2 – Delete the temporary files on your computer, as these could include glitches or malware restricting the Movies and TV app. Follow the below-listed steps to do this:
- Press the Windows + R key, and the Run dialog box will appear.
- In the search bar, type “Temp” and press Enter key.
- Now select all the temporary files that appeared and right-click on them.
- From the drop-down menu, select Delete, and all the files will be removed from your device.
Option 3 – Reinstall the Movie and TV application to fix the bad cache files. It will surely fix the error 0xc10100aa, and you’ll be able to play videos on it. Follow the below steps to reinstall the application.
- Open the Start menu and search for Movies and TV.
- Right-click on the app to open a drop-down list.
- Now click on Uninstall to remove the app from your system.
- After uninstalling, go to the Microsoft Store and install the Movies and TV application again.
- Launch the application and try to stream online videos or play local videos.
You’ll also get the latest version of reinstalling the application. So if the problem were due to an update, it would also be resolved.
2. Update the Windows OS
If you’ve ignored the Windows update on your system for a long time, your OS might lack some essential features required for playing video on built-in media players, such as Movies and TV. Follow the below-listed steps to update your Windows OS:
- First, go to the Settings of your computer.
- Next, click on the Update and Security icon.
- In the new tab that opens, select the Windows Update option.
- In this section, click on the Check for Updates button to check the system for any available updates.
- Next, install all the updates shown by the system.
Now, try playing videos on the Movies and TV app to see if the error is gone.
3. Repair the video file
Even after performing all the methods mentioned above, there could be a situation where the Movies and TV applications won’t be able to play some videos as expected. In such a case, you should know that the video file that is not playing is corrupted. To confirm, you can try to play the file with some other media player, such as VLC.
In this situation, we recommend repairing your video with a competent video repair application.
Stellar Repair for Video is the best among the various video repair software available online. This tool can repair any damaged or corrupted video file and supports more than 17 video formats for repair. It works smoothly on Windows devices and can fix videos created with DSLRs, camcorders, CCTVs, drones, dashcams, mirrorless cameras, Android, and even iPhones.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to repair your video file with Stellar Repair for Video:
- Download and launch the Stellar Repair for Video on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Add File icon in the center of the screen.
- Select all the files you want to repair, and then click on the Repair button to start the process.
- Wait until the repair is done. Meanwhile, check the progress with the green indicator.
- After the video files are repaired, preview them to check if they are playing.
- Once satisfied with the results, click the Save Repaired Files button to save the files to the desired location.
The 0xc10100aa error is widespread in Movies and TV apps, especially on Windows 10. The issue is mainly with the application or the video file itself, but for both cases, you can find solutions in this article.
Q. Why does error 0xc10100aa occur in the Movies and TV app?
A. This error usually occurs when the application folder is missing or has destructive cache files.
Q. How to fix error 0xc10100aa in Windows 10?
A. There are several easy methods to solve video playing issues, some of which are mentioned in this article.
Q. Is it easy to fix a corrupted video file in Windows 10?
A. By using genuine video repair software, you can quickly fix a corrupted video in no time. One such software is described among the above solutions.
Best Selling Products
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows
Stellar Data Recovery has the right Windows Recovery tool for all your data recoveryRead More
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac program performs safe..
Stellar Photo Recovery
A comprehensive photo recovery software to restore photos, music & video files
Stellar Repair for Video
Powerful video repair tool for repairing corrupt or damaged MOV and other video files