Please follow the below procedure:
- Open Stellar Photo Recovery, Click on Start scan.
- Choose the drive to start scanning.
- Now, the scanning process will commence. After scanning, list of folders indicating each file formats will be displayed in the left pane.
- Click each folder to view files in it. For file preview, just click on any file (or use up & down keys).
- You can either recover all or selected files displayed in the tree generated by clicking on the recover icon
The issue is because the camera card is not detected by the system as a drive. You need to connect the card through a card reader to the system. Re-launch and you can see the card in the left hand panel of the software.
Please follow the below procedure to the scan the media (Hard drive, camera card) using the software.
- Connect the card through the card reader (preferably) or the drive to the system.
- You can see the card/drive in the left hand panel of the software.
- Double click on the card (shown in the left hand panel of the software).
- Select the 'Photo Recovery' Icon.
- Select the Type of files (that you want to recover) from the list of supportive file.
- Click on Ok to start the scanning process.
After the completion of the scan you will able to see list of folders indicating each file formats will be displayed in the left pane.
You can now select the files that you would like to recover, Click on recover selected and provide the destination to save the files.
The latest version of Software now also supports MXF movies.
At first you should try to find the reasons for SD card corruption and try to manually apply some easy fixes for corrupt SD card recovery. If still your SD card could not be repaired to working order, then we recommend to use our Stellar Photo Recovery Software. It will recover all your photos and videos from a corrupted or damaged SD card.
It is highly possible that your SD card has got corrupt. There are number of possibilities leading to a SD card corruption/data loss starting from system incompatibilities, mishandling, driver failures or even write-protection. Read our guide to know about the simple solutions for SD card recovery
The software supports following multimedia file types:
Photo Formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PSP, PNG, MOS, MEF, DJVU, TGA, PGM, DNG, PSD, INDD, JP2, PCT, PBM Paint Shop Pro Image File (PSP), Picture File (PCT), Adobe EPS (Windows) and more
Supported RAW Formats: Nikon(.NEF,.NRW), Kodak(.KDC, .DCS, DRF,.D25), Olympus(.ORF), Panasonic(.RAW, .RW2), Sony(.ARW,.SRF,.SR2), Fuji(.RAF), Sigma(.X3F), Pentax(.PEF), Minolta(.MRW), and Canon(.CRW)
Audio File Format: ACD, AMR, AT3, CAFF, DSS, IFF, AIFF, AU, M4A, M4P, MIDI, MP3, NRA, OGG, RA, RM, RPS,SND, WAV, WMA
Video File Format: 3GP, AJP, ASX, 3G2, AVCHD Video File (MTS), AVI, Divx Encoded Movie File (DIVX), F4V, HDMOV, M4R, Matroska Video File (MKV), MOI Video File, MP4, MPEG, MQV, OGG Media Player (OGM), SVI, TOD, VID, Video Object File (VOB), MXF movies
Yes, you can recover specific files after successful scanning of your drive/media. First click on your required file type and then click the Recover button to provide destination to save the files.
To recover photos from a drive having bad sector, first create the image of drive using 'Create Image' feature of the software. Then scan that image to recover your lost photos.
Follow below steps to recover pictures from image file:
- Run the Stellar Photo Recovery software.
- Click on 'Resume Recovery' button available on the main interface of the software.
- Now select the image file that you want to scan.
- Click on the 'Continue' button after selecting the image file.
- Let the software scan your selected image file.
- After successful scan, software will list all the pictures.
- Select your required picture and click on 'Recover' button.
- Save the recovered picture at desired location.
No. Choose the different drive to save the recovered photos. If you choose same drive, it will lead to overwriting of photos which in turn will result in permanent loss.
I have completed the scanning; can I perform recovery at some other time?
Yes, you can perform recovery at any time, all you need to do is to save the scan information and at the time of recovery reload that scan and perform recovery.
Follow the below underlying steps to recover photos from saved scan information file:
- Open the Stellar Photo Recovery software.
- Click on Resume Recovery button.
- Now browse the saved scan information file.
- Software will list all the files as previously scanned.
- Select the file from where you want to recover photos and click on 'Recover' button.
- Provide the location to save the recovered photos.