Summary: This post will discuss about QuickBooks error 0x80070057 that has bugged users for quite some time. Also, it will outline the possible reasons behind the error and some quick resolutions to fix it. Also, explore a QuickBooks recovery tool to resolve the 0x80070057 error within no time.
Accounts Manager created the Company File in QB 2014 and tried opening this file with the same program. However, the file doesn’t open. When he tries to open it within QB 2014, it shows an error message that the file was created in the earlier version and when he double-clicks on the file, it displays the following error message: “0x80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. This error indicates that Manager is getting QuickBooks Error 0x80070057 while opening the file, also indicates that Manager doesn’t have enough rights to read/write and create/delete the Company File. No need to worry. Opt for easier and smarter QuickBooks recovery tool with the user-friendly and self-guiding interface that helps the user to perform and resolve faster.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error 0x80070057
- User tries to open file with double-click rather than from inside the QuickBooks
- Company file extensions has changed
- QB is damaged
- QuickBooks detects file damage at the time of installation
- Third-party Firewall is not configured for QB
- User tries to open a portable file without opening the application
- Application Bitdefender is in use which blocks certain ports by default.
Quick Resolutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 0x800070057
- Maybe the user is trying to open the file using a flash drive. Copy the file to hard-drive and then open the file. This might resolve the error.
- If the error erupts during QuickBooks installation, re-download the program and then open the file.
- QuickBooks never opens in old updates. Check for latest updates, install and get started.
- Double-click is certainly a no-no to open any Company file. Open all files within the application.
- Modify Firewall Rules to allow Ports pertaining to QB
- Configure Bitdefender to allow QB Desktop communication
What Else You Can Do to Resolve QuickBooks Error 0x800070057?
Ideally, two main steps resolve this error and let the user open the file
- Rename Company file
- Rescan Company file
- Rename the .nd file.
- Locate the folder and open the Company file.
- Search for the corresponding .nd file of targeted company file.
- Right-click on the .nd file and proceed to Rename this file
- Suffix the filename with .old at the end
- Rescan Company file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Note: This step is applicable if the file is available over the network hence perform this step on the Server only.
- Press the Windows key and type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click Add Folder to display Browse window.
- Select the folder where your company file is stored and click OK.
- Click Scan
- After the scanning is over, try to re-open the company file.
What If Nothing Works?
If you are unable to open the file and experience the same error after trying the above-mentioned resolution methods, try using a QuickBooks file repair software.
Features – Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software
- Unique and multifunctional QB files recovery tool mends all errors as available in the system and enables opening of the Company file. This software recovers all components of the Company, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Supports multiple currencies hence valid across most languages
- Supports versions as old as 2007 to the latest 2021 and compatible with all versions including Simple Start, Premier, Professional, and Enterprise Editions
- Provides a preview of recoverable data for content verification
- If required, supports the recovery of data from QuickBooks backup file
- Promotes file-finding from the available folders
Steps to Resolve QB Error with Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software
- Download, Install and run the software
- Browse the QuickBooks file you want to repair from the given interface. If the filename is not known, try to find the file from the Find option.
- Click on Scan. A preview of recoverable Company information is displayed. Click on the Customers, Vendors, or Employees tab from the main menu to preview their data.
- After previewing the data, click on Save. A window opens with file-saving options. Click on ‘Browse’ button and provide the location for the new blank company file or the QuickBooks® backup file (QBB). Select QuickBooks version and click on the ‘Save’ button to initiate the saving process as shown in the figure below:
Once the selected QuickBooks file is repaired, you will see a ‘Repair Process Complete’ message window.
QuickBooks is prone to innumerable errors. While you can try to troubleshoot the errors manually, Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software can prove handy in fixing data damage on QB data files. This software enables users to resolve all possible errors including QuickBooks error 0x800070057. The one-time solution for all QB errors lets the user work uninterruptedly thus providing a tension-free work environment.