‘I deleted some important pictures on iPhone and also deleted them from the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder. Is there any possible way to recover photos after permanently deleting from iPhone?’
When you delete photos from iPhone, they first go to the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder of the Photos App. Here the photos remain for 30 days. Hence, any picture deleted 30 days ago automatically gets removed after this period, and this time permanently.
However, sometimes you may accidentally delete valuable pictures too. To make the situation worse, even remove image files from ‘Recently Deleted’ or realize the mistake 30 days after deleting!
In any case, can you get photos back after deleting from ‘Recently Deleted’ on iPhone?
This post addresses the problem situation of permanently deleted photos from iPhone and finds the appropriate solution.
Let’s read on…
Understanding permanently deleted photos recovery from iPhone
You can recover deleted photos from iPhone after deleting from Recently Deleted folder or 30 days of automatic deletion.
Of course, backups — iCloud and iTunes are the immediate go through solution in such a case. However, Apple backups have their own disadvantage. Photo recovery with iCloud and iTunes results in loss of your current data on iPhone!
That’s reason, iCloud and iTunes are frustrating when you want to get back only a few photos.
So, if you are using another backup service such as Google Drive or OneDrive for iPhone photos backup, they are more convenient.
In addition, apart from backup, an iPhone recovery software is just a right solution. It works even when you don’t have backup or don’t want to eliminate your existing data on iPhone or iPad.
1. Recover ‘Recently Deleted’ photos from iCloud backup
Use iCloud backup to recover deleted photos from iPhone after 30 days of deleting them from ‘Recently Deleted’ folder. iCloud backup is the best solution to retrieve permanently deleted photos from iPhone free.
Just get on to the below steps to recover deleted photos from iCloud:
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Reset> Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Select Erase Now in the dialog box and follow the prompts until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- Click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select the recent backup from the list that has the deleted pictures. Click Restore to get back the deleted photos on iPhone.
2. Recover permanently deleted photos from iTunes
If you have iTunes backup, look for the deleted photos after deleting from ‘Recently Deleted’ in your iTunes backup.
Below are the quick steps:
- Connect iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone under the device list and select the recent backup date that may contain the permanently deleted pictures.
- Click Restore Backup.
That’s it. You get back the deleted photos on your iPhone. However, this will replace the current data on iPhone with the old backup data.
3. Recover recently deleted photos from cloud storage
iPhone users, who don’t completely rely on iCloud and iTunes for backup, use a third-party cloud backup solutions. If you are one of those, check your cloud storage for the permanently deleted photos on iPhone. The cloud backup such as Google Drive, pCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive etc., are efficient way to save and protect your photos on iPhone from permanent loss. You can restore photos on PC, Mac, or iPhone by using cloud storage.
4. Recover Recently Deleted Photos with iPhone recovery software [Recommended]
Some of you may not have photos backup in iCloud or iTunes. Its also possible you couldn’t find the desired picture in backup. In any case, use the best iPhone recovery software to get pictures back after deleting from Recently Deleted on iPhone.
Try one of the popularly used Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. It is compatible with not just old iPhones like iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, etc., but also the latest iPhone 13. You also get the latest iOS 15 support.
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can help to recover photos from iPhone without backup. Additionally, you can retrieve lost or deleted contacts, messages, chat messages, Notes, Reminders etc.
Besides, when you recover photos by using iTunes or iCloud, it gets back all data from the backup file whereas with the software you can select and recover only what you require. Unlike photo recovery from backup, software doesn’t replaces the existing data by old backup data on your iPhone.
Here are the steps to recover deleted photos after deleting from Recently Deleted folder on iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac computer.
- Download and launch Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone on computer.
- On the first screen, select Recover from iPhone on the left pane. If required, you can choose ‘Recover from iCloud’ or ‘Recover from iTunes’ option.
- Check in Camera Roll and Photo Stream and click Next.
- The software scans and displays the recovered pictures. See preview, select, and save the desired photos.
An iPhone recovery software is the perfect approach to recover deleted photos from iPhone after 30 days of deleting them from the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder. We recommend, Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. It is fast and can retrieve permanently deleted photos without affecting the current data of your iPhone. Unlike iCloud and iTunes backup, which annoyingly replace existing data with the old backup data, the software can restore only those photos, which you have deleted.
Take the free trial and ensure if Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can retirve permanently deleted photos from your iPhone.