How to Download All Emails from Mac Outlook 2016
Summary: Downloading emails from email clients, such as Mac Outlook 2016 is often required for backup or migration to another platform, such as Outlook for Windows. In this blog, we have discussed methods to download all emails from Mac Outlook to multiple file formats, such as PST, HTML, PDF, RTF, EML, or MSG using the options in Mac Outlook 2016 and third-party OLM Converter tool.
Downloading emails from Mac Outlook 2016 is often required to back up your emails or migrate them to another Outlook for Mac or Outlook for Windows client. You may also want to download old emails from your Mac Outlook 2016 to delete those emails from your email account and reduce the mailbox size. Reducing mailbox size may also help improve Outlook performance.
Organizations may also require downloading emails in a portable format, such as HTML, PDF, PST, etc., from their employee’s Mac Outlook accounts for investigation purposes.
In such cases, you can use the built-in options in Mac Outlook 2016 to export or archive the mail items, such as emails, contacts, calendar items, attachments, tasks, etc., in Outlook for Mac or .olm file format. However, the OLM file is supported by Mac Outlook.
If you plan to open, view, or import the downloaded Outlook emails to Outlook for Windows, Exchange, or Office 365, you must convert the OLM file to PST format using an OLM to PST Converter software, such as Stellar Converter for OLM.
In this blog, you will learn how to download all emails from Mac Outlook 2016 in OLM, PST, HTML, PDF, and various other portable file formats.
Methods to Download Emails from Mac Outlook 2016
To download emails from Mac Outlook, follow these methods,
Method 1: Download Mac Outlook 2016 Emails using Export Option
You can download all emails from Outlook for Mac 2016 at your desired location on your Mac or move it to a different computer for backup and safekeeping. The steps are as follow,
- Open Mac Outlook 2016 and navigate to Tools and click the Export option.
- To download all emails, select the ‘Mail‘ option. To download all mail items, select ‘Mail‘, ‘Tasks‘, ‘Calendar‘, ‘Notes‘, and ‘Contacts‘. You may also download all emails from a specific folder using the ‘Items in the category:‘ dropdown.
- Once you have selected all the mail items you want to download, click the Continue button.
- In the ‘Save archive file (.olm) as:‘ dialog box, choose a folder where you want to save the downloaded emails, such as the Downloads folder, and click Save.
- After the emails are exported and downloaded to .OLM file, a box will be displayed. Click Finish.
To access the downloaded emails in the OLM file, you need to import the OLM file in Outlook for Mac 2011 or any later version.
However, if you want to import or view the download emails in Outlook for Windows or using apps, such as web browser, PDF viewer, or Word, you must convert the OLM file using the OLM converter tool discussed below.
Method 2: Download and Convert Mac Outlook Emails in Portable Formats
An OLM converter software, such as Stellar Converter for OLM can help you convert all the Mac Outlook 2016 emails you downloaded in OLM format to PST, MSG (Message), PDF, HTML, RTF, and EML file formats.
You may also export the mail items from the Outlook for Mac (OLM) file to Office 365 directly.
The steps are as follow,
- Copy the exported OLM file from Mac to your Windows PC and then install Stellar Converter for OLM software on the PC.
- Click ‘Browse‘ to select the OLM file and then click ‘Convert.‘
- After the conversion, you can preview the emails and check mail items, such as Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, notes, etc.
NOTE: The demo version only displays the subject line and message body. To preview more and save all the emails from converted OLM files to PST or other portable file formats, you must activate the software.
- Now select all the emails you want to download as PST or save as MSG or EML files and click ‘Save Converted Mailbox.’
- Choose the desired file format and click ‘Next.’ If you choose PST, you can save the emails in a new PST file or append them to your existing Outlook PST file.
NOTE: To save the emails from OLM to HTML, RTF, PDF format, or export directly to Office 365, you need Stellar Converter for OLM—Technician Edition.
Once selected, click ‘Save.’ This will download and save all emails from Outlook for Mac (OLM) file to PST format, which you can import to MS Outlook on Windows or Mac.
Downloading emails from Outlook for Mac 2016 is easy with the built-in ‘Export‘ option. It allows Mac Outlook 2016 users to download and save all emails to Outlook for Mac or .olm file format, which you can import into any other Mac Outlook client. However, if you want to download Mac Outlook emails and import them in Windows Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, or Office 365, you need an OLM to PST converter. In this blog, we discussed both methods in detail to help you download and save emails from Outlook for Mac in OLM, PST, HTML, PDF, RTF, EML, and MSG file formats.
If you have any queries or need more help, leave a comment below.