Summary: A comprehensive troubleshooting guide for the Blue Screen Error STOP Code 0x00000058 in Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista. Continue Reading.
|Something has gone wrong. My system is showing the Blue Screen Error Code 0x00000058! What is this error and why is it happening? Please help! ….. Robert Mark Thames|
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is one of the most annoying errors that can be encountered on a PC. Technically known as STOP Error, BSOD occurs whenever the Windows operating system either refuses to boot entirely due to some internal errors either in your computer hardware or else in hardware drivers.
There are few common Stop Code Errors are 0x00000058, 0x00000133, 0x000000D1, 0x1000007E, 0xC000021A, 0x0000007B, 0xC000000F. The one which is very critical is STOP Error Code 0x00000058.
What is STOP Error Code 0x00000058?
Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x00000058 is issued when the PC is booted from the wrong copy of the mirrored partition. The screen also displays FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR. In most of the cases, you have experienced this error due to the installation of new hardware or software.
Now, What are the symptoms of the Blue Screen STOP Error Code 0x00000058
Few common symptoms of the error code are as follows:
It is mandatory to keep the track of the symptoms of the Stop Error to troubleshoot the problem. There are some other causes of Stop Error (0x00000058) Code
- Memory corruption
- Damaged hard disk
- Damaged system files
- Virus or malware infection
- Windows registry corruption
- Old or corrupted device drivers
- Incorrectly configured device drivers
- Driver conflict issue due to new hardware installation
The next step is to fix the Blue Screen Error Code 0x00000058
In order to prevent the error, implement the following:
|Solution 1: Conduct System Comprehensive Scan
Solution 1: Conduct System Comprehensive Scan
One of the most common reasons for FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR error is a malware infection. Thus, to mitigate the effect due to virus or malware, run a full scan of the system using a reliable anti-malware program.
Solution 2: Bid Good Bye to System Junk
Another reason is an accumulation of junk files on the computer. Initially, this data causes the Windows Operating System to respond slowly and when overloaded it throws FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR. Thus, cleaning these files can help to resolve the issue. Also, it speeds up the system performance. To eliminate the junk data, count on Windows Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr) tool.
- Go to Start
- In the search box, type command, and select Command Prompt
- Hold CTRL + Shift keys altogether and press Enter
- Click Yes on the permission pop-up
- Under the black box with a blinking cursor, key-in cleanmgr, and press Enter
- Select the drive to clean up and press OK
- Let Disk Cleanup calculate the occupied disk space for reclaim
- Checkmark the categories boxes that need cleaning
- Click Ok
Solution 3: Run Windows System File Checker
System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”) is one of the handy Windows utility. This service not only scans the Windows system files but also restores corruption (including FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR corruption). Check out the steps to run System File Checker:
- Open Start
- Under the search box, Key-in command
- Hold CTRL + Shift Key together and hit Enter
- Under the permission dialog box, click Yes
- Type sfc /scannow in a black box with a blinking cursor
- Press Enter
- Allow System File Checker to scan for problems
- Follow on-screen commands to resolve the issue
Solution 4: Undo Recent System Changes
System Restore is another smart utility offered by Windows. This allows to “go back in time”. Owing to which, potential troubleshooting hours to fix FTDISK_INTERNAL_ERROR error are easy to avoid. Here are the steps:
- Open Start
- Under the search box, key-in system restore and select Create a restore point
- Press Enter
- Click System Restore
- On prompt, key-in administrator passwords
- Follow wizard steps to select a restore point
- Restore the PC
Solution 5: Reinstall the Operating System
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows operating system is also a great way to fix the blue screen error issue. In this way, errors associated with the specific application are quite easy to mitigate.
Steps are as follows:
- In the bottom left of the screen, hover the cursor
- Go to Start menu icon
- Right-click to open its Context Menu
- Click on the Programs and Features option
- Under the Name column, identify the program that is causing trouble
- Click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen guide to uninstall the program
- Reinstall the program
Now, after troubleshooting the Blue Screen Error Code (0x00000058), it is time to recover the inaccessible data.
The best practice for data restoration is backup. If, the backup is not recent and is not available at all, trust Stellar Data Recovery – Standard for Windows to bring back lost or deleted data without any hiccups. This award-winning software is purely a DIY solution with interactive interface. When it comes to functionality, it is also effortless. Just select the desired data and drive, scan, preview, and recover. To evaluate, try the free-of-cost Demo version.
Blue Screen Stop Error Code 0x00000058 are related to hardware problems and often indicates when the PC or computer cannot boot-up. The error is very critical and causes damage to the computer. However, you can troubleshoot the error with the above-mentioned solutions but sometimes while fixing the error, the data becomes inaccessible. In such situations, don’t panic and use Stellar Data Recovery-Standard for Windows to recover the data quickly.