Did you experience the Outlook error 0x800ccc0b? We’ll show you how to resolve this issue in this post.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the prominent email clients for email communications. However, some users recounted experiencing a specific type of error that occurs once in a while. This error is not so standard but does great damage when it is in place.
Not to mention the error is associated with SMTP, but the error is indicated with the error code 0x800ccc0b. On the other hand, there are lots of reasons why the unknown error 0x800ccc0b may occur.
Causes of Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b
Outlook error 0x800ccc0b occurs as a result of the following reasons, some of which are listed below:
- ISP issues with the DNS server.
- An email client that is not correctly configured
- Improper installation of Outlook
- Recurring and frequent virus attacks on the system.
- SMTP corrupted with error on one of your servers.
- Unauthorization placed on port 25 by your ISP.
- Files corrupted and accidentally removed.
If you notice the presence of any of the issues mentioned above, then it’s probably the cause of the error. Hence, your next action should be taking applicable measures.
Fixes For MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0b
Generally, two techniques apply to this type of challenge. Any of them works fine, but one saves you the stress and is very quick and easy.
These troubleshooting methods involves resolving the issue manually by modifying your Office account. That being said, here’s what to do.
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
This should be the first approach that you make. Shutdown the system and restart the computer. With that done, you can head to the next step.
Solution 2: Configure Server
Next, you should attempt configuring your MS Outlook with “SMTP: My server requires authentication.” If it doesn’t connect, follow these quick steps:
- First, visit the File menu, then navigate to the Account Settings option.
- Once the account section displays, click on the email menu and double-click on the email address that’s experiencing the issue.
- Wait for a popup, and click on the menu that displays More Option.
- The next thing to do is to visit the Outgoing server tab for the submission of your credentials.
- Click on My Outgoing Server requires authentication process.
- Follow the instructions proposed and enter your username and password.
Once you complete that, the configuration with an SMTP server will become successful, and that leads us to deal with the ports.
Solution 3: Use Port Number 26
Another thing that adds up to the success of resolving the error is changing the port number. This is consequential to the fact that some ISPs are now blocking Port 25 to safeguard their clients from spamming and other cyber attacks.
Solution 4: Disable antivirus
Consciously take note of the benefits of antivirus, not forgetting the menace it can become when working on other things. It is expected that you temporarily turn off all antivirus firewall systems.
Alternative Solution #1
The above steps will help resolve the issue. But if it doesn’t, then you should opt-in for these quick measures:
- On your port display section, replace the number with 465 for SMTP.
- For POP3, replace the port number with 995; this is compatible with Windows 7 and all other above updates.
- Make sure you successfully put a temporary barricade on the antivirus program.
Alternative Solution #2
Possibly trying to figure out the source of the problem, you still experience the Outlook error? Follow these steps:
- Launch the Run program, simply press the Windows and R keys
- Type “sfc/scannow/command” in the provided space and hit the enter key.
- Once done, initiate the Run program again
- Next, type “cleanmgr.exe” and hit the Enter key.
- Follow the prompts to commence disk cleaning process
- Afterward, Click on Mail >> Show Profiles >> Properties >> Data Files, enter the file name that you wish to scan, and press the Start button.
- Provided that you have done as said, ensure that your credentials (user account information) are correct.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook afterward and check if the error persists.
Corrupt system files and data could be responsible for the Outlook error 0x800ccc0b. However, you can make use of an Outlook repair tool to resolve the issue.
With the tool mentioned above, users can repair corrupt PST files and also recover downloads from a mailbox. Useful enough, it offers instant recovery and saves time. You can recover extensive mailbox data in multiple formats, which means the mailbox information can be accessed through other software applications after recovery.
In conclusion, several errors are experienced while utilizing Microsoft Outlook most especially the error code 0x800ccc0b. For a permanent fix to all kinds of Outlook errors, make use above mentioned methods or an automated tool like Stellar Repair For Outlook to resolve your Outlook errors.