Summary: Your Kodi SD card contains high-quality photos, videos, and audio files, but it's very annoying to lose such data from the card. Here's how to recover your saved data from your Kodi SD Card through manual approach and with the help of third party recovery software.
‘My Kodi Media Player was slow and crashing. Thus, I moved the Kodi data files to an SD card on my Android box. Recently, by mistake, I cleared data on the Kodi SD card. I don’t even have any backup add-on. All my saved movies, TV shows, and music are gone. Is there any way I can recover videos from Kodi SD card?’
Loss of saved movies, games, TV shows, sports, or podcasts etc. due to accidental deletion or formatting of Kodi SD card can happen to anyone. It is annoying to lose your favorite Amazon Prime videos, Netflix movies, or Now TV shows that too when you don’t have any backup. However, before you begin to panic and think that there’s no way out to get back those favorite programs, read this post. It shares the best ways to recover saved data from Kodi (XBMC) SD card.
How to recover saved data from Kodi XBMC SD card
Kodi by XBMC is a popular open-source software to play videos, music, films, and games etc. on PC, Mac, Android and iOS platforms. It allows live streaming of videos and lets you save the favorite programs too.
However, due to large size of multimedia files, Kodi users have to manage the space by saving content in external storage such as SD cards or USB flash drive. This puts the data at the risk of deletion and loss.
In case of loss of this stored content from Kodi SD card, the best way to recover the content is through a secure third-party recovery software.
Tips to protect Kodi content
Kodi SD (XBMC) card recovery software to recover lost videos
Your Kodi SD card contains high-quality photos, videos, and audio files. Choose a recovery software that not just restores lost or deleted media files but also maintains their original quality.
Stellar Photo Recovery is an effective software to protect your movies, TV shows, and games etc. from quality loss or corruption after recovery. It is a trusted Kodi SD card recovery software, which recovers all the stored data on your high capacity SD cards.
The software is widely used to recover lost videos after accidental deletion or formatting of the Kodi (XBMC) SD card.
You can assess the software capabilities by downloading free version here :
Top 5 benefits of using Stellar Photo Recovery for Kodi XBMC card data
- It is a Do-it-yourself (DIY) program to quickly recover the Kodi XBMC SD card data.
- Safe to download, free from malware.
- The photo recovery software maintains/recovers the original quality of the media files.
- Supports all types of Kodi SD cards such as SanDisk Extreme microSD cards, SanDisk micro SDXC.
- Supports a wide range of photo, video, and audio file formats, including MP3, MP4, MOV, WMV, and DIVX.
- Recovers unlimited videos, movies, games etc. in just a few minutes.
How to recover videos from Kodi (XBMC) SD card by using manual methods
Sometimes a PC does not recognize the SD card that contains Kodi videos, or the drive letter of the SD card is missing from the list of external drives. For such cases, you would first need to reinstall the driver or assign a new drive letter to access the data that’s there in the SD card.
Steps to reinstall the driver:
- Connect Kodi XBMC SD card to the PC.
- Go to This PC and right click on it.
- Follow Manage > Device Manager > Disk Drives.
- Right click on the name of your removable drive.
- Click Ok.
- Disconnect your Kodi XBMC SD card.
- Restart PC.
Steps to assign a new drive letter:
- Connect the SD card to PC.
- Open the Run dialogue box.
- Type msc and press Enter.
- Under Storage select Disk Management, on the left.
- Right-click the drive you want to assign a letter and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- In the dialog box, click Change.
- Check-in Assign following drive letter. Select a drive letter from the dropdown box and click OK.
- Disconnect and reconnect the Kodi XBMC SD card.
To Sum Up
Although Kodi is one of the most versatile open-source media players, it has a pinching drawback— absence of a built-in data backup and restore feature.
Thus, you have to either manually manage the content viz. movies, TV shows and games etc. stored on it, or use a wizard add-on like Cosmic Saints Wizard, Brettus Builds Wizard etc. to backup the data.
Involvement of manual processes, especially with managing large data, increases the chances of mistakes and data loss.
Therefore, if you have lost any Kodi data from SD card or USB drive, it is highly recommended to use a reliable software such as Stellar Photo Recovery to perform data recovery with speed and precision.
Millions of Kodi (XBMC) users around the world trust the Stellar’s video recovery software to get back their lost videos, movies and other content.
To assess the software capabilities you can download the free version here.