Not everyone is iTunes fan. Although iTunes is considered the obvious choice to transfer any files from PC to iPhone, it has been found that many iOS device users do not prefer iTunes at all. This is mostly because iTunes get slow during file transfers and often give frustrating error messages while transferring data. Whatever be the reason, if you want to transfer files from PC to iPhone without iTunes, here are the other good ways to do the task.
1. Transfer files through e-mail
The simplest way to transfer computer files on iPhone is by sending yourself an e-mail. Then access the mail on iPhone, open the attachments, and save them to your desired location.
You can mail yourself music, video, documents, presentations, pdf files etc., to access them on iPhone. However, it is not the best option to transfer a large number of files. You have to ensure continuous network connection with high speed to completely download the heavy attachments.
Also, there is email file size limit. Gmail and Yahoo! Mail allows up to meagre 25 MB attachment. So for heavy files, videos, and high-resolution photos email is not the right way.
2. Import files with iPhone Data Recovery Software
Do not overlook the utility features offered by numerous third-party applications. An iPhone Data Recovery Software like Stellar also allows import of the files from PC to iPhone. Connect your iPhone to Windows or Mac machine via USB. Install the software and follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the files from computer to iPhone.
You can import photos, videos, audio, contact, notes, Safari bookmarks and calendar and other documents to the iPhone. There is no file size or data limitation in software method. It is the most viable way to transfer files from PC to iPhone without iTunes.
3. Transfer files via Cloud Drive
Using Cloud syncing services like iCloud (Only for Mac and other iOS devices), Backup and Sync (popularly known as Google Drive), Dropbox, or OneDrive, makes viewing and accessing PC data on iPhone easy.
Technically Cloud Drives do not transfer the data to iPhone but make them accessible on your iOS device. You can view and edit your computer files on iPhone. To access the files of PC to iPhone through Cloud Drive, do the following:
- Download and Install any Cloud Drive on your computer
- Download the iOS app for Cloud Drive on your iPhone
- Sync your iPhone to the Cloud Drive
- Drag and drop the required files in the Cloud Drive folder on your computer
- View the files of the Cloud Drive in the Files App folder on your iPhone
Any files you put in Cloud Drive folder will be available on all your synced devices, including iPhone.
Most of these Cloud Drives offer limited free space. To store and transfer a large amount of data you will have to buy more storage from the provider.
4. Transfer Mac files to iPhone via AirDrop
AirDrop by Apple allows the transfer of files among supported Macintosh computers and iOS devices over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac computer
- On Mac follow Finder > Go > AirDrop. Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to use AirDrop
- The AirDrop window shows nearby users of AirDrop. Drag files to the receiver image in the window and click Send.
The transferred files are automatically saved in the applicable folder in iPhone, like photos and videos in the Gallery.
To use AirDrop feature, your Mac should be 2012 or newer model with OS X Yosemite or later and your iPhone should have iOS 7 or later operating system.
|Latest Byte: The latest Microsoft release, which can be deemed as an answer to Apple’s AirDrop is the Photo Companion App. With its limited feature, it can share photos and videos from iPhone to your Windows 10 computer but NOT vice versa|
5. Transfer through SHAREit App
SHAREit enables transfer of data between phones, computers and tablets. There is no file size limit to transfer through SHAREit. It depends upon the speed of your internet connection and the iPhone’s storage space.
To Transfer Files from PC to iPhone without iTunes through SHAREit you need its app on both the devices. Follow the below steps to do the task:
- Download SHAREit to your PC from SHAREit website
- Download SHAREit to your iPhone from App Store
- Select the file on your PC you want to transfer
- Click and drag the file onto the SHAREit window
- This will send a file receiving message on your iPhone. Tap OK in the message on iPhone
- The file is imported to iPhone from your PC
You can send documents, photos, videos, and apps through this file transfer application. Although transferring files is fast it does not always work. Often multiple attempts are required to send a file to SHAREit.
Often accessing important PC files on mobile devices is necessary for your work. So whenever you want to transfer important presentations, photos, videos, and music, etc., from PC to iPhone without iTunes, you can transfer through AirDrop, SHAREit or Cloud Drives. Also, one of most used and successful method to transfer Files from PC to iPhone without iTunes is through a software due to its ease of use and no file size limitation.
Whichever method you opt, do not forget to share your file transfer experience from PC to iPhone in the comment box below.