Recently when Sandy forgot her iPhone 8 passcode, she felt her life has come to a halt. She couldn’t make calls, send messages, click or share photos, read her e-mails, book cabs, or shop for her daily needs via apps.
Sandy made a few desperate attempts to enter the passcode. But unfortunately, her options were limited. Apple doesn’t let you enter more than six passcodes in a row — all for the good to prevent unauthorized access to the iOS device.
Now her iPhone was disabled and she helplessly read messages flashing on her device –
iPhone is disabled try again in 1 minute, iPhone is disabled try again in 15 minutes,…iPhone is disabled try again in 1 hour,…. is disabled try again in 24,400,755 minutes…!
So can Sandy unlock her iPhone 8 bypassing passcode?
What about her existing iPhone data? Has she lost it forever or is there a way out to bypass the lock screen and regain access to her contacts, messages, chats, videos, photos, Notes etc.?
Here we share in detail how to bypass iPhone passcode and access your iOS device again.
The methods shared here are applicable to iPhone X Max, XS, X, 8, 8 plus, 7, 6s, 6, 5s and 4. They work on iOS 12, iOS 10, iOS 11 and below. You can also unlock iPad and iPod touch, bypassing passcode as well.
Note: This blog doesn’t support or promote in any manner of illegal iPhone hacking or bypassing iOS device passcode.
How to get into a locked iPhone without the password
If you forgot your iPhone passcode or see ‘iPhone disabled’ message, you can try any of the below methods to unlock and restore your iPhone data.
Method 1: Bypass iPhone Passcode using with Siri
Key points for this method –
- Is for iOS 10 and below users
- Bypass iPhone passcode, unlocks without computer
- Unlock iPhone bypassing passcode without restore
- Doesn’t require Apple ID and passcode
- Doesn’t remove your existing iPhone data
Steps to bypass iPhone passcode with Siri
1. On your iPhone, press and hold the Home button to activate Siri
2. Ask Siri ‘What’s the time now?’ and Siri displays the local time
3. Click on the clock icon. Menu of the World Clock opens. Click on plus sign on the top right corner
4. Type any characters in the search box and ‘Select All’ these characters
5. Click ‘Share’
6. Next, select Message in the pop up window.
7. A new message window opens. In the ‘To’ field hold and click ‘Paste.’ The copied text is pasted
8. Wait for a few seconds. Press the Home button. You are now on the home screen of your iPhone bypassing the device passcode.
Method 2: Bypass iPhone passcode by using Recovery Mode
Key points for this method –
- Unlocks disabled iPhone without passcode
- Requires Apple ID and passcode
- Installs the latest iOS on your iPhone
- Removes your current iPhone data completely
- You can restore data later from iCloud and iTunes backup
Note: If you had not backed up your iPhone data in iCloud/ iTunes before you forgot the passcode, you won’t be able to recover the lost data after applying Recovery Mode.
Steps to bypass iPhone passcode by using Recovery Mode
Figure: Volume and Side buttons in iPhone X
- Install iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Next put your iPhone to Recovery Mode using Side and Volume buttons. (The method varies little with each iPhone model. Click to know the Steps to put your iPhone on Recovery Mode )
- Recovery Mode screen appears on your iPhone
- Open iTunes on computer. It detects your iPhone and asks to Restore or Choose Restore
- iTunes will download iOS for your iPhone. You can now set up your iPhone and restore from recent backup.
If you are unable to restore iPhone from iCloud or iTunes, take the help of Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. It quickly restores lost data on iPhone. You can also select and recover specific photos, videos, contacts, messages, WhatsApp chats, etc. that you want rather than recovering everything. The software works with all models of iPhone and supports iOS 12 too.
Method 3: Unlock a disabled iPhone by using ‘Find My iPhone’
Apple ‘Find my iPhone’ is used when you want to track a stolen or missing iPhone. However, the feature can also be utilized to unlock a disabled iPhone, by way of bypassing the device password.
Key points for this method –
- Works if you had set up ‘Find My iPhone’ on the device before it was locked
- Need Apple ID and password
- Erases all data on your iPhone
- Can restore data later from iCloud or iTunes backup
When you sign in to iCloud.com or the Find My iPhone app, you can see your missing device on a map. And you can use Lost Mode to lock, track, or remotely erase all of your personal information.
Steps to unlock a disabled iPhone by using ‘Find My iPhone’
- Sign in to your iCloud account on your computer
- Click on Device list and select your iPhone
- In device information window, click ‘Erase iPhone’
- Enter your Apple ID password and remote erase begins
Your iPhone is now set to factory settings with the device passcode removed. Next, you can restore your iPhone data by using the recent iCloud or iTunes backup.
Your iPhone manages a big part of your day-to-day life. No wonder, forgetting its passcode can get maddening. And once you receive ‘iPhone Disabled’ message, there’s not much you can do.
However, by using Siri, you not only bypass password to unlock iPhone but also protect its existing data as well. Recovery Mode to unlock disabled iPhone is also effective, but erases your data and requires restore from backup.
If you have turned on ‘Find My iPhone’ on your device, it is another smarter way to get out of forgot iPhone passcode situation.
Hope you found this post helpful.
Is there any other method to unlock iPhone, if forgot passcode? Do share with our readers in the comments section below.