How to Recover Calendar Items and Mails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007
Summary: Are you looking for ways to recover corrupt or deleted Calendar items and emails in Outlook? In this how-to guide, we’ll be showing you how to recover calendar items and emails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and Office 365. We’ll also mention an Outlook repair software that can recover emails, calendar items, etc. from corrupt PST file.
Microsoft Outlook Calendar is a component of the mailing platform, designed for setting and managing schedules, appointments, and events, among others. It is like a digital scheduler, which is designed to keep records of your schedules and engagements.
However, like other Outlook mail items, Calendar items are also prone to data loss, which typically happens due to accidental deletion. In addition, virus attacks, abrupt shutdowns, Outlook crashes, power failures, system errors, etc. may also damage the PST file that stores all the mail items, leading to missing or lost Calendar items.
In this post, you will learn various methods to recover lost or deleted calendar items and mails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Office 365.
Methods to Recover Calendar Items and Mails in Outlook
To recover deleted or lost Calendar items or emails, follow these methods.
Recover Calendar Items and Mails from Deleted Items Folder
If Outlook Calendar items or emails are deleted unintentionally or accidentally, there’s a fail-safe process to recover such mail items in Outlook. Normally, deleted items are sent to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. And such files can easily be restored to their original location(s) from the Deleted Items folder in a few clicks. Here are the steps:
For Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013
- Launch your Outlook and navigate to the Deleted Items folder.
- Double-click the folder to display recently deleted emails, Calendar items, attachments, etc.
- Select the Calendar item(s) or email(s) you want to recover and right-click on it.
- Select Move > Other Folder.
- Locate Inbox or Draft on the list of folders and move the item there.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
For Outlook 2007 and 2010
- Ctrl + click on the folder location of the missing Calendar items (select the Inbox folder for emails).
- Navigate to the menu bar and click on the Tools icon.
- In the displayed options, select Recover Deleted Items.
- Locate the item (Calendar or email) to be recovered and click on the Recover Selected Items button.
However, if your Outlook is set to empty the ‘Deleted Items’ folder when you exit the application, the deleted Calendar items and mail may not be found or restored from the Deleted Items folder. In such cases, you can follow these steps to recover the deleted Calendar items and emails.
- In Outlook, go to Folder and click Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the Calendar or mail item you need to recover and click OK.
- Make sure to select Restore Selected Items and not Purge Selected Items. Otherwise, the mail item will be permanently removed from the server.
Also, make sure you disable the Empty Deleted Items option to avoid permanent loss of mail items in case of accidental deletion. Follow these steps:
- Go to the File pane and select Options > Advanced.
- Under the Start and Exit section, uncheck the Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting the Outlook option and click OK.
Recover Calendar Items and Mail using Inbox Repair Tool
Many times, items are lost or rendered inaccessible due to PST corruption or damage. When this happens, the PST file needs to be repaired before you can perform any recovery task. Microsoft Outlook hosts a built-in repair function known as the Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe). This tool is used to fix minor PST corruption.
To use this tool, follow the guidelines below:
- Click Windows + E keys to open Windows Explorer.
- On the Windows Explorer window, follow the file path and locate the ScanPST.exe program under Outlook.
- Select Browse. Find and select the PST file to repair.
- Click Start to initiate scan.
- After the scan, click Repair to finish the process.
Once this is done, the affected file (containing the Calendar items or emails) should now be restored. You may now open Outlook to restore the deleted or lost Calendar items or emails.
Use Stellar Repair for Outlook
In the event of severe PST corruption or damage, you may find it difficult to restore the affected file. In such a case, you can take the help of an advanced third-party program, such as Stellar Repair for Outlook. This is the ultimate solution, which can be employed to recover deleted or lost mail items (including Calendars items) from both healthy and corrupt PST files, irrespective of the PST file size or level of corruption.
Follow the steps below to run the Outlook PST file recovery/repair program:
- Download Stellar Repair for Outlook from the official website.
- Install and launch the program. Click List Profiles. This will list the PST files associated with your Outlook profile from the default location.
- Select the PST file associated with your Outlook profile. If the PST file is not located at the default location, click Choose Manually and select the PST file. Then click Repair.
- The software scans the file and shows a preview of all mailbox items, including Calendar items and mails. Click on the Calendar icon at the bottom of the left pane to view the deleted Calendar items highlighted with red color.
- After the repair, select the lost Calendar or mail items you need to recover, including deleted ones highlighted in red color, and click on the Save Repaired File option.
- Choose a desired file format in the pop-up dialog box. Click on Next.
- Browse to select the desired location for saving the repaired PST file.
- Click OK.
You can repair and recover deleted or lost mail items, including Calendar items, from PST files of size up to 50 GB with complete integrity. The software can recover all deleted or lost mail items, including hard deleted mail items (mail items that are automatically purged after the retention period).
Calendar items and emails are lost in Outlook due to accidental deletion (hard or soft) or PST corruption. In the case of accidental or soft deletion, you can easily recover the deleted items (within the standard 14 days retention period). However, in the case of hard deletion or PST corruption, you may have to employ a third-party program, like Stellar Repair for Outlook to recover the Outlook calendar and other mail items.