Summary: This post highlights the importance of Multimedia Cards (MMC) and the situations that can cause loss of photos or videos through them. It also suggests a trustworthy MMC card recovery product and states how it can help recover photos and videos from MMC cards.
Smartphones are no longer used just to make and receive calls. They serve as the one-stop solution for users’ communication as well as entertainment needs, thus making voice and video calls, text and multimedia messaging, capturing and sharing photos, connecting to social platforms, scheduling events, and much more possible only with a touch of the screen. But how often do we as users pause and think about what makes all this work possible? It is indeed a brilliant technology, but also, a major role is carried out by the tiny pieces of hardware and circuitry we call Multi Media Cards (MMCs).
Multi Media Cards (MMCs) – A Brief Introduction
MMCs are used as storage mediums in most modern portable devices such as mobiles, digital cameras, media players, etc. These cards serve as the storehouses for all user data on the phone like photos, videos, music files, text documents, etc. Many times, users also save their Contacts on MMCs so that they can port them to any other device whenever required. The benefit of MMCs is that users can connect them to their PCs to access all data, specially photos or videos on them directly and can also use them as temporary data storage devices when travelling.
When they play such a critical role, it can be imagined how damage to MMCs could mean a loss of vital data to users. And MMCs being delicate pieces of machinery, it is, therefore, prone to damage and corruption quite easily. Below are situations that can lead to photo or video loss from MMCs:
- Accidental erasure of the card through “Delete”, “Delete All” or “Shift+Delete” options
- Virus or Malware infection on the card
- Inappropriate insertion or removal of the card to or from system or digital gadgets
- Unintentional formatting of the card without taking proper backup
- Using the same card in different devices may lead to formatting errors or corruption
- Using camera or mobile when the battery is running out of the power
MMC Recovery Is Possible!
If you suspect that your mobile or digital camera’s multimedia card is damaged or corrupted (through unexpected errors that it throws), or if you can’t find your Photos or Videos on the card, you should stop using the card immediately.
Even after data goes missing from MMCs, it is not deleted, only the pointer to it gets deleted. The mobile or camera’s operating system thus doesn’t know how to locate media and files on the card which gives the impression of their deletion. The data continues to reside on the card until it is overwritten by new data. Hence, refrain from using the card as soon as you see unexpected errors crop up on connecting or accessing it.
Recover Photos & Videos from MultiMedia Cards
Stellar Photo Recovery is a comprehensive product that helps you recoup lost photos, music, videos, as well as data deleted from hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, flash cards, digital cameras, USB sticks, portable storage devices, etc. The software can work flawlessly with a number of popular digital cameras and can perfectly restore pictures and media of a variety of formats.
Follow the steps below to recover photos or videos from MMC card through Stellar Photo Recovery:
1. Download, install and launch Stellar Photo Recovery.
2. Select the drive or storage media to scan and recover from and click Scan.
Note: You can choose to customize the recovery process through Advanced Settings icon on top. You can select a specific file type, add new file type or edit Header to scan for exact results.
3. A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ appears. In the left-pane of the main window, all the found files and folders are listed. The bottom-right pane lists the files stored in the selected folder. Select a file and preview in the right pane.
4. If the required photos, videos or audio files are not in the list, opt for Deep Scan at the bottom
5. Select the desired files and choose Recover.
7. In the dialog box, specify the location to save the media files and click Save
Stellar Photo Recovery software safely and securely performs accurate and risk-free MMC card Photo Recovery even in the severest of data loss situations. This pocket-friendly product can be downloaded and installed with ease, and its interactive GUI makes it a Do-it-Yourself software