Summary: The blog provides an introduction to Strontium memory cards and the reasons that turn them corrupt. It also describes the recovery process as well as the preventive measures.
Strontium is one of the leading manufacturers of memory cards that offer basic MicroSD, Nitro series and Nitro Plus series, starting from 2 GB to 32 GB. With exceptional speed and accuracy rates, Strontium offers fast transfer of pictures, audio, and video clips to any device. The read/write operation is executed in a secure way.
If you are using a Strontium memory card and have accidentally formatted the device while transferring images to a computer or a laptop, recovery becomes imperative. It is important to note that the data is not deleted completely as it still exists on the memory card. In fact, only the file entries such as file name, file length, etc. are deleted from the card File System Table.
Apart from the accidental format, there are other reasons as well that turn the image files inaccessible. Let’s analyse some of the common reasons that lead to photo deletion and call upon the need for quick photo recovery from Strontium memory card.
Causes of Photo Deletion from Strontium Memory Card
- Corruption in the memory card makes the files inaccessible
- Virus intrusion or malware interference with the functioning of the device
- Accidental deletion of files from the Strontium memory card
- Mishandling or inappropriate ejection of Strontium card from the computer/ laptop
- Unnecessary interference while the card is performing read/write task
- Using Strontium memory card on different devices make it corrupt
- When the memory card reaches the stipulated storage limit
If data is being erased from the memory card due to unintentional format or card corruption, you can recover photos and other multimedia files using Stellar Photo Recovery software
About Memory Card Recovery Software
The Memory Card Recovery Software is compatible to run the recovery process on Windows as well as Mac machines. Upon installation, you can successfully recover various image file formats from the Strontium memory card even if it is corrupt, formatted, or damaged. The file formats that can be recovered includes JPEG, BMP, JIFF, DJVU, DNG, Canon (CR2, CRW), Fujifilm (RAF), Nikon (NEF, NRW), Sony (ARW, SR2, SRF) and many other basic and RAW formats created by various digital camera devices.
The process to recover photos using Strontium card is quite simple and can be executed by users with minimal technical expertise. The user-centric interface with self-defined procedure makes the process easier for novice users.
Follow the steps below to perform the recovery:
- Download, install and run Stellar Photo Recovery tool
- Select the location from where you want to recover. Click Scan to start the scanning process
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data. In the left-pane of main window, all the recovered data is listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
Note: If you do not see the required photos in the list, opt for Deep Scan option at the bottom.
- Click Recover. You can also choose to recover only the selective files – select photos that you need, right click, and click Recover.
- In the dialog box, specify the location to save the image files. Click Save. All the files get saved at the specified location Click Save. All the photos get saved at the specified location.
To avoid your memory card from turning corrupt, you must consider the following tips and measures to keep the device and incorporated data safe:
- Make it a regular practice to backup data frequently on some off-site location.
- Always remove the memory card from the computer or other devices following a defined procedure.
- Do not use the same memory card on different devices as this may affect the file structure.
- Scan the card using a reliable anti-virus program to keep it bugs-free.
The Final Word
Even though Strontium memory cards offer the smartest way to store data as they can be transferred to any device quickly; however, the absence of manual recovery methods makes it challenging to recover deleted or inaccessible photos. Therefore, in such situations, leverage Stellar Photo Recovery tool to recover deleted or unreadable images from corrupt or formatted Strontium memory cards.