Summary: While trying to repair a corrupt PST file by using SCANPST, you may encounter errors such as SCANPST failed to Add Row to FLT. In this guide, you will learn about some troubleshooting methods to resolve the SCANPST failed to Add Row to FLT error. Also, you’ll find a solution to repair the corrupt PST file when SCANPST fails to fix the PST file corruption in Windows.
Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool or ScanPST helps repair corrupt or damaged Outlook data files, such as OST and PST. However, it sometimes leads to errors such as SCANPST failed to Add Row to FLT while repairing a corrupt PST Outlook data file. When you scan a PST file, the tool reports the error Failed to add row to FLT, RowID = nn in large numbers.
After reporting the error, ScanPST also displays a message, click Repair to fix the problem. However, in this case, the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool or scanpst does not display the ‘Repair’ button to fix the errors.
As a result, you can’t repair such severely corrupt PST files by using the ScanPST tool and require a more advanced PST file repair software, such as Stellar Repair for Outlook.
Reasons for ‘ScanPST Failed to Add Row to the FLT’ Error
ScanPST tool may show this error due to PST data file corruption that may be caused by one or more following reasons,
- Large or oversized PST file
- Disk file system errors/bad sectors
- Data integrity issues
- Force system shutdown
- System or Outlook crash
- Network failure, if PST is located on network or external drive
- Virus or malware intrusion
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve ScanPST Failed to Add Row to the FLT Error
To resolve the SCANPST Failed to Add Row to the FLT error, follow these troubleshooting methods,
- Try re-exporting the PST file from Outlook
- Before scanning the PST file by using the ScanPST tool, close all programs that may have access to PST files, such as MS Outlook, antivirus software, etc.
- Try moving the PST file to a different PC and use the scanpst tool to repair the PST file
- Ensure the PST file is not larger than 2GB or encrypted
- Do not attempt to repair a PST file by using ScanPST when the file is stored at a network location. Always copy the file to a local drive to repair the file
If these troubleshooting methods do not work, follow the steps to repair the PST file when ScanPST fails.
Steps to Repair PST File when ScanPST Tool Fails
If the ScanPST.exe tool failed to repair the PST file, download, install and use Stellar Repair for Outlook to repair the corrupt PST file with 100% precision and integrity.
This advanced PST repair software extracts mailbox data such as emails, contacts, journals, notes, calendar items, deleted emails, and more from a corrupt PST file and saves them to a new usable PST file. Post repair, you can import the new PST file to any Outlook account to access and view the mailbox contents.
The steps to repair a corrupt PST file by using Stellar Repair for Outlook are as follows,
- Launch Stellar Repair for Outlook on your Windows PC
- Click ‘Browse’ and choose the corrupt or damaged PST file that can’t be fixed by ScanPST tool and displays SCANPST Failed to Add Row to the FLT error
- Click ‘Repair’ and wait for the software to fix the corruption and extract the mailbox items from the damaged PST file
- After repair, the software displays all mailbox items such as emails, calendar, contacts, etc.
- Select all the mailbox items that you want to export and save to a new usable PST file and click ‘Save Repaired File’ at the top menu
- Select ‘PST’ from the options and then browse a save location
- Click ‘OK’ to start exporting and saving the corrupt PST mailbox data to new PST file
Once saved, you can open, access, view, or modify the PST file in any MS Outlook account.
NOTE: You can scan, repair, and preview the mailbox items from a corrupt PST file by using the demo version Stellar Repair for Outlook software. However, to save the repaired PST file, you need to activate the software.
ScanPST is a proprietary tool to resolve minor PST file errors. However, it may display errors such as ScanPST Failed to Add Row to the FLT when repairing a severely corrupt or large PST file in MS Outlook. You may try to resolve this Inbox Repair Tool error by following some troubleshooting methods discussed in this guide. However, they might not resolve the error if caused by an oversized, encrypted, or severely corrupt PST file.
Thus, to fix such severely corrupt, large, or encrypted PST file, you need an advanced PST repair tool such as Stellar Repair for Outlook. It repairs the corrupt Outlook PST file and saves the contents to a new usable PST file with 100% integrity and precision. Plus, the ‘Technician’ version of the software offers more advanced export options where you can split and save or compact the exported PST file to avoid corruption and save storage space.