|Summary: Have your JPEG photos gone corrupt after recovery through third-party software? Read on this post to know how to repair JPEG files that have corrupted after recovery.
Photos are treasured moments captured in camera. Losing them can be painful. It could be a professional loss too, if you are photographer or run a media house.
Although some third-party photo recovery software manage to restore lost or deleted photos, they can also cause corruption in the JPEG files after recovery. This is the major drawback of using any unsecure photo recovery tool.
If you are also into such situation of loss wherein you are unable to open recovered JPEG files after recovery or your photos appear distorted, then choose to repair them with a secure photo repair tool.
How to repair and open corrupt recovered JPEG files?
Corrupt or ‘unable to open’ JPEG files are repaired with a photo repair tool.
If the recovered JPEG image has minor issues, you can also try to fix them in image editors like Photoshop and Lightroom. However, they do not work in inaccessible or severely damaged JPEG files.
Stellar Repair for Photo has the advanced algorithms, which works in all loss situations. It repairs any corruption in images that has arisen due to faulty recovery process. The software opens recovered JPEG stored in all storage devices including SDXC, SDHC, microSD cards, USB flash drive and internal/external hard drive.
With it, you can easily repair corrupt JPEG photos taken with digital cameras, DSLRs, smartphones of Sony, Samsung, Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Panasonic, Epson, Fujifilm, Sigma, Olympus, and other well-known brands.
Corruption issues fixed by photo repair tool
Stellar photo repair fixes defects such as loss of color, greyed-out, blurry photos and much more. If the JPEG are severely corrupt beyond repair, then too the software extracts its thumbnails.
Some common corruption issues fixed by the photo repair software include:
- Image appearing in two sections and both the parts are of different images.
- Faded colors, brighter than usual, or extra dark photos.
- Pixelated images.
- Image split into two or more parts, appears shredded, greyed-out or blurred.
- Photos that throw JPEG errors when trying to open such as ‘Invalid Image File Header’ error; ‘No Preview Available’; ‘Unknown JPEG Format error’; or ‘Invalid JPEG marker type error’, etc.
Why your JPEG images turned corrupt after recovery?
Sometimes, after recovering images with the help of data recovery software, JPEG/JPG files become inaccessible. They do not open properly in any image viewer application or show error messages. This can be because:
- Your recovered files were already corrupt before recovery.
- The photo recovery software that you used was unsecure, downloaded from an untrusted source.
- The recovery process algorithms were not advanced enough.
How to repair JPEG files with Stellar Repair for Photo
If you are unable to open recovered JPEG files, use the do-it-yourself Stellar Repair for Photo software to access them. It is a faster and secure solution to repair thousands of JPEG images at a time. Even non-techies can easily use its straightforward and simple interface.
Steps to repair JPEG/JPG files
- Run Stellar Repair for Photo software on your computer
- On the main user interface, click Add File.
- Add File dialog box appears. Browse to add corrupt JPEG files
- Click Repair to start the process.
- After the process completes, you can preview the file before saving. Click Save Repaired Files. Select location to save the repaired JPEG.
Tips to Prevent JPEG Corruption
• Do not recover lost JPEG photos through unsecure software
• Download recovery tools from a trusted source
• Maintain multiple backup of photos
• Do not use single SD card containing photos on multiple devices.
• Properly eject/insert storage media while transferring photos
• Install anti-virus software on your system
It is frustrating to see the software recovery results in which your JPEG files are corrupt or do not open.
Now no need to sulk over the situation. Use professional Stellar Repair for Photo, whenever you are unable to open recovered JPEG files or in case they appear distorted. The highly recommended photo repair tool has over millions of users due to its repair capabilities.
You can always try the free demo version and preview the repaired file before buying.