Summary: Outlook’s security features which are put in place to protect your data sometimes meddle with the normal working of the application. The basic email send/receive Outlook functionality often suffers at the hands of messed up security settings and protocols. Here in this post, we will explain the methods to resolve POP Server Timeout Error 0x8004210a. We will also provide an advanced tool (downloadable below) you can use to repair PST file and fix the error.
Outlook forums are filled with queries and problem descriptions from everyday users looking for a way to resume their emailing activities that have been halted by some or the other issue. One such problem is “Outlook Error 0x8004210a”. Let us try to find out what this issue is, why it arises and how users can resolve it easily.
Outlook Send Receive Error 0x8004210a
The error 0x8004210a in MS Outlook is common to versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. Most commonly, this error is witnessed when users try to send or receive emails after some internal changes have been made to Outlook settings or protocols. These changes could be made automatically after certain operating system upgrades or manually by inadvertent users who didn’t know what they were getting into.
Particularly concerning wrong timeout settings of the server, the real cause behind error 0x8004210a in MS-Outlook is the incorrect handling of account settings primarily SSL layer authentication, port number, and other relevant settings.
To give a little description of Outlook timeout settings and why they are critical, Outlook uses a stipulated time to complete the email send-receive operation. Whenever a complete email (along with attachments) cannot be sent or received within the set time interval, error 0x8004210a is thrown. Now there could be more than one reasons leading to the expiry of this stipulated time interval before the send-receive operation can be completed including incorrectly assigned emailing protocols, hindrance from the antivirus program, garbled firewall settings, etc. Thus, if faced with such an error, rectifying the Outlook profile settings should be the place to start.
How to fix Outlook Send Receive error 0x8004210a Manually?
Try the following manual fixes to resolve the 0x8004210a error. Proceed to the next fix only if the previous one fails. After complete the steps mentioned in each fix, send yourself a test mail to check if it worked.
- Configure your Antivirus program and Windows firewall and enable unrestricted access to Outlook (outlook.exe)
- Delete suspicious emails from your mailbox as they may block your receiving error message in Outlook. Also, clean up pending messages stuck in the Outbox
- Launch Outlook in safe mode by typing exe /safe in the Windows Run dialog to see if send-receive works. If it does, the culprit of the Outlook Send/Receive error might be a faulty Outlook add-in
- Increase server timeout duration as follows:
- From the Outlook ‘File’ menu option open Account Settings
- Select the affected email account and click on ‘Change’
- Click on ‘More Settings’
- In the ‘Internet Email Settings’ pop-up window, switch to the ‘Advanced’ tab and increase the server timeout time according to the requirement
- Click on ‘OK’
- Repair your Outlook installation by going to Control Panel, selecting MS Office and clicking on ‘Repair’
- Create a new Outlook profile and try to send-receive email using it. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles select your current Outlook profile and view its ‘Properties’ to know its exact location
- Then again go to Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles and click on ‘Add’ to create a new Outlook profile
- Give it proper details and click on ‘Finish’ to complete setup for the new profile
- Thereafter from Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles select the profile you just created and select the ‘Always use this profile’ setting to set this profile as the default
- If none of the above methods works, then the reason behind the Outlook Send/Receive error is that yourPST File is corrupt. Try repairing your existing Outlook PST file using Microsoft’s default Inbox Repair utility ScanPST.exe.
Quick, Automated Solution –Outlook Send Receive error 0x8004210a
So you’ve tried all the above-mentioned tricks but are still experiencing the same Outlook Send/Receive error 0x8004210a? Well then, it is time you switch to a more advanced and sophisticated solution.
Download Stellar Repair for Outlook software and use it to repair your Outlook PST file. This professional software is renowned to fix even the most severely corrupted PST files and make them functional again. What’s more, with this product you can recover all data saved within corrupted PST files and save it as a new usable PST.
Complete with an interactive GUI, data preview feature, support for encrypted, and wide compatibility with various Outlook versions, PST repair tool from Stellar is just what you need to get rid of obnoxious errors like Outlook Send/Receive error 0x8004210a.
More often than not the trigger for messed up Outlook functionality is a corrupt PST file. Though you shouldn’t straightaway jump to repairing it whenever you face an Outlook error, you might anticipate that’s where you’ll find the real solution.
Manually fixing the PST might work if it is slightly damaged. However if it doesn’t work or if you’re looking for an easier and more efficient approach, using the services of an automated solution like Stellar Repair for Outlook could go a long way.
Read more about what subject matter experts Says about it: Know more
- Error 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed solved!
- Fixed: An unknown error occurred, error code 0x80040119 in Microsoft Outlook
- How to Fix ‘An unknown error has occurred 0x80040600’ in MS Outlook?
- Fix “Not Implemented” Error in Microsoft Outlook on Windows