Top Lotus Notes NSF Viewer Tools
Summary: HCL Notes uses the NSF file format for storing emails and other objects. A downside to this format is that it's not easy to view the content or migrate them to other formats, and you often, need an NSF viewer tool to easily do them. In this article, we have looked at the best Notes NSF viewer tools available today.
Notes Storage Facility (NSF) is the database file used by HCL/IBM Notes to store information like emails, attachments, tasks, calendars, and other objects from your Notes application. Each mailbox has a unique NSF file called the “username.nsf.”
One downside of this NSF file is it’s not easy to view as it’s stored on the server. Also, their location depends on the operating system you use. Sometimes, these NSF files are also encrypted, which means, it’s not as simple as opening a text file and reading the contents.
This is where NSF viewer tools help, as they safely extract contents from the NSF file and display it for you. Some advanced viewer tools even convert it into other formats to enable you to easily export this file to other applications like Outlook and Notepad.
list of Top Lotus Notes NSF Viewer Tools
- Stellar Converter for NSF
- Kernel NSF Viewer
- SysTools Free NSF Viewer
- Aryson NSF Viewer
- CubexSoft NSF Viewer
- Sysinfo Free NSF Viewer
1. Stellar Converter for NSF
Stellar Converter for NSF is a top choice as it can extract content from inaccessible, NSF files, thereby greatly reducing the chances of data loss. Also, there are no file size limitations and you can view data from as many NSF files as you want. Further, you can preview the extracted data and select the ones you want to move to another file format.
Besides the above powerful features, other notable aspects of Stellar Converter for NSF are:
- Supports all versions of HCL Notes.
- Gives free preview of NSF mailbox items, such as (Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Journal etc.) in free
- Converts multiple NSF files in each batch.
- Migrates data from NSF to Microsoft 365 in the Technician version.
- Allows you to search for specific NSF files.
- Moves the selected contents from the NSF file to PST, MSG, EML, RTF, PDF, and HTML formats for further processing.
- Comes with advanced filters for precise conversions
- Generates log reports to help you track the progress.
- Maintains the directory and hierarchy structure, as it was stored in the NSF file.
Due to such comprehensive features, Stellar Converter for NSF is undoubtedly a market leader in the NSF viewing niche.
2. Kernel NSF Viewer
Kernel NSF Viewer enables you to scan an NSF file, including inaccessible ones. It provides a preview of the content and allows you to save up to 10 items per folder.
Other features of this tool are:
- Accepts multiple NSF and Domino server files, but only through a CSV file.
- Enables you to view files by maintaining the original hierarchy.
- Supports the latest version of Notes.
- Provides a preview in UNICODE format.
- Open all types of NSF files.
3. SysTools Free NSF Viewer
NSf Viewer from SysTools enables you to open, view, and read data from your NSF files. As soon as an NSF file is added to this tool, it quickly scans the content and displays them on the preview screen.
Other important features of this tool are:
- Creates a single PDF file for a single Notes email.
- You must have IBM Notes version 8.5 or lower to use this tool.
- Converts data from NSF files to PDF formats only.
- Preserves the metadata of the NSF file.
- Generates the complete report.
4. Aryson NSF Viewer
Aryson NSF Viewer is a professional tool for viewing and reading the contents of an NSF file. This tool extracts contents from both healthy and corrupted NSF files and saves them into PDF or PST formats only.
Other notable features are:
- Makes it easy to locate specific NSF files.
- The free version allows you to save 25 items per folder for free.
- Supports all versions of Notes and Domino Server.
- Enables you to sort mail items based on date.
- Requires an installation of Notes on your device.
5. CubexSoft NSF Viewer
CubexSoft NSF Viewer can access, view, and read the contents of your NSF file. It maintains the exact formatting and can read from old, corrupted, and inaccessible NSF files as well.
Other key features are:
- Mandates the installation of Notes on your device.
- Works with all Notes editions.
- Offers advanced search options to identify the NSF file.
- Keeps the metadata of the NSF file.
- Easy to use.
6. Sysinfo Free NSF Viewer
Sysinfo Free NSF Viewer allows you to view and read the complete NSF database. You can open Notes emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, journals, etc., and view them through this tool. It also comes with an easy-to-use interface, but a Notes installation is a must to use this viewer.
Other salient features of this tool are:
- Comes with an auto-search feature to find specific mail items.
- Sorts emails according to date ranges.
- Compatible with all Windows operating systems.
- Enables you to view emails with their attachments.
- Offers a preview of all the items.
Thus, these are some of the top Notes NSF viewer tools that can come in handy for you to view the contents of your NSF file.
To conclude, NSF viewer tools make it easy to view the contents of your NSF files, even the corrupted and inaccessible ones. But all tools are not built the same, and out of the tools we have reviewed, Stellar Converter for NSF is the clear leader as it comes with many advanced features to view all NSF file contents. Moreover, the flexibility in its formats coupled with its simple GUI makes it a top choice today.