Summary: Data recovery is possible from XBOX One drive but it is a complex task, especially when the device has been formatted or having lots of bad sectors. Here’s the complete guide to recover data from Xbox One drive using Stellar Data Recovery software. Get the software now!
Data recovery from Xbox one is a very complex task, especially when the device has been formatted or else has a lot of bad sectors. However, with continuous advancement of technologies around us, data can be recovered from your Xbox one, even if its drive has been formatted, re-formatted, or else has got logically corrupt.
Data recovery is possible, provided that, there is no OVERWRITING of data on your Xbox one hard drive. Overwritten data cannot be recovered even with the help of any sophisticated data recovery software.
For such cases, you need to get in touch with a data recovery expert. Otherwise, if your Xbox one hard drive is accidentally formatted, has got corrupted or if it’s showing signs of failure, you can take the help of a professional data recovery tool such as Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows to recover your deleted videos, snapshots and game data.
How to Recover Data from Xbox One?
Here’s the complete guide on how you can perform Xbox One data recovery using a Windows PC. This guide requires basic technical skills and computer knowledge.
Before you we proceed further, there are a few pre-requisites that you must fulfill and have, such as:
- A HDD Enclosure or SATA to USB connector.
- A Windows PC
- Internet access
- Additional Hard Drive of equal or greater size (only if space is less on your PC’s hard drive).
Things to Remember Before Data Recovery:
- Handle the Xbox one drive carefully when you lose any data due to logical failure or physical damage.
- Immediately stop using the device.
- Never use the same hard drive to save the restored data from where data is originally being recovered. Use a different location on PC or use any other external hard drive to save the recovered data.
Steps to Recover Data from XBOX One Hard Drive
Step 1. Remove the hard drive from the Xbox One console, and connect it to a Windows PC using an HDD Enclosure or SATA to USB converter cable. If prompted to ‘Format hard Drive’, click ‘No’.
Step 2. Check if you can access the hard drive on your PC. If you can, copy the data and store it on your PC or on an external hard drive (if the data size is large).
If the drive is not visible in File Explorer, open Disk manager, note the hard drive location and then run CHKDSK utility to scan the hard drive errors and fix them simultaneously.
After running CHKDSK utility, reconnect the hard drive to the PC. Open the File Explorer and check if you can access the hard drive. If you still have no access to the drive, then it might be severely corrupted. Follow the next step to accomplish the data recovery from Xbox One hard drive.
Step 3. If CHKDSK utility is not able to repair the hard drive, the only way to recover data from a severely corrupt or formatted hard drive is by using a professional data recovery tool.
Follow the below-given instructions to recover your lost Xbox One hard drive data.
- Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows Software.
- Connect your Xbox One Hard drive to your PC via USB port. If prompted to ‘Format hard Drive’, click ‘No’.
- Launch the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software.
- Check the ‘All Data’ checkbox to select and recover all types of files, folders, and other deleted data from the Xbox One hard drive.
- Click the ‘Next’ button. Select the hard drive from the Select Location window and turn on the ‘Deep Scan’ toggle that appears at the bottom-left corner.
NOTE: The Deep Scan option takes more time as it thoroughly searches for the deleted data deep inside the hard drive based on file signatures and it also facilitates RAW data recovery.
- In the left Tree View pane, you can view all your recovered files and folders. Click on the ‘File Type’ tab to easily recover the required data. You can also click on a file to preview it before you begin recovery.
- Next, select the files and folders that you want to recover and then click the ‘Recover’ button.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button to select the location where you want to save the recovered data. Make sure not to select the same drive. Finally, click the ‘Start Saving’ button.
The selected files and folders from your Xbox One hard drive are recovered and saved at the desired location.
Format the hard drive with the help of Disk Management tool or DISKPART and the move the recovered data to the Xbox One drive.
Now that you have successfully recovered your Xbox One data, create a backup copy of it. This will help you next time when the hard drive fails, gets corrupt, or gets accidentally formatted. Remember, you can always use Stellar Data Recovery Professional tool to quickly recover your lost Xbox one hard drive data. Its user-friendly GUI is highly intuitive and even a novice can use this tool to recover lost data.