Summary: There might be several reasons prompting users to convert Outlook OST files to PST format. However, the commonly used manual conversion process is both lengthy and risk-prone. Given that, we bring to you Stellar Converter for OST software with the option to download its full version, which offers a safe and quick way to convert Outlook OST data to PST format. Read on to know more about OST to PST free download full version
In addition to being the preferred personal email client for home users, Microsoft Outlook is also widely used in organizations across the globe. While using the application is something anyone can get accustomed to within a few minutes yet a large number of Outlook users aren’t aware of the internal technical aspects of Outlook, like the data files it maintains.
Not many Outlook users know that Outlook saves all their mailbox data into a local file called the Personal Storage Table or PST file. This file stores all their emails, notes, calendar entries, journals, attachments, etc.. This file can be moved from one computer to another to access the contents of any mailbox on different machines.
Another lesser-known aspect of Outlook is the Offline Storage Table or OST file. When a user works on their Outlook mailbox in synchronization with Microsoft Exchange Server, all the data residing in the user mailbox on the server is copied into a local file called the OST file. This file is meant to save all your mail items in an offline mode on your hard drive so that if the server experiences downtime, you can continue working without any trouble. In such cases, any changes you make to your mailbox are merged with your Exchange mailbox as soon as the server comes back online. In contrast to PST files, OST files cannot be moved between systems.
While both these files serve different purposes, sometimes users face situations that demand that they access the data stored in one type of Outlook file from within the other type of file. For example, users may need to access their OST file data from within PST files. Since both files have very distinct characteristics and working, this isn’t directly possible. A conversion from one format to the other is needed. Let us delve a bit deeper into the subject.
Common Reasons for converting Outlook OST file to PST—
As mentioned, users may sometimes need to export the mailbox data from OST to PST files. What prompts such an action?
- If the Exchange server fails or crashes, you may immediately need to extract all data saved within your OST file and save it while you can.
- Converting OST file to PST helps in moving mailbox data from one place to another.
- Damaged / Corrupt OST files can make Exchange mailbox data inaccessible.
- Lack of proper OST repair tool if issues are found within the OST file.
Other Common Reasons to Convert Outlook OST file to PST format.
Now let’s come to the main focus of this post. While OST data can be manually exported into PST file, doing so involves a lot of steps and complicated selections. Plus, there are chances that some data may get lost during the process. To make the process safe and efficient, a reliable third-party utility is recommended. Stellar Converter for OST is one such utility!
OST to PST Converter free download full version
If you’re looking for OST to PST free download full version software, your search should end with Stellar Converter for OST. This is an ideal tool to perform the said conversion in a user-friendly way. A self-explanatory guide, the software helps you easily convert OST file data to PST format within a few clicks. It helps save a lot of time and effort. With it you can retain the access to all mailbox items like messages, notes, attachments, contacts, calendars, journals, etc. Also, it allows you to save converted emails in other message formats like EML, MSG, RTF, etc. The software has a lot of additional benefits such as file preview facility, option to “Find” OST, selective conversion of emails, etc.
Here’s how you can perform OST to PST free download full version and use the software:
- To download Stellar Converter for OST, click on “Free Download”
- Once the product has been downloaded to your system, ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirements and then install it by double-clicking the executable .exe file. Follow the simple instructions to complete the installation.
- Thereafter, launch the software to open up its main screen
- The home screen of the software provides two options to initiate the process.
- Click ‘Browse’ if you know the OST file location
- Click ‘Find’ if you’re not sure where your OST file is located
- Once the OST file has been selected for conversion, click on ‘Convert’ to initiate the process.
- On the next screen, a progress bar shows the current status of file scanning process. The time to scan the OST file depends on the size of the file.
- Once the scan completes, all convertible items are displayed in a tree-view list within the software’s left-hand panel. Here you’ll be able to preview any item before conversion.
- To start the conversion process, select the desired folders that you want to convert and click the ‘Save Converted File’ button from the ‘File’ menu. Here you’ll be prompted to register your software. Purchase the license of the software and register it using the license key.
- Once the registration is done, select the output format as PST from multiple saving options.
- Choose the desired location where you want to save the converted file.
- Click ‘OK’ to convert.
The process is complete!
To sum it up
Converting OST file to PST format using this brilliant tool is a seamless process. Thus, if you ever need to perform Outlook OST file to PST conversion, avoid using the lengthy and risky manual method and stick to the reliable and efficient, Stellar Converter for OST software.
Please check our MVP review to get more insight about OST to PST converter from stellar.