Most of you are adept at opening Outlook email client application within minutes of logging into the device. But what if the Outlook crashes? There might be instances when Outlook crashes, and if you try to start the application in safe mode, then there is no response. You might have encountered an error mspst32.dll with following details:
|Problem Event Name: App Crash |
Application Name: Outlook.exe
Fault Module Name: mspst32.dll
Error or fault mspst32.dll is caused due to corruption in PST file. Initially, Outlook Administrators have to be on their toes to resolve all Outlook related issues but why wait for the admin when you can try and resolve the issue by you. You can try and resolve the error only when you are able to comprehend the associated error, its causes and resolution steps.
What is a mspst32.dll file in Outlook?
MSPST32.dll is a crucial Outlook file to access MS Outlook. If the data goes missing or it gets damaged; it leads to an error in MS Outlook. Corrupt file causes the Outlook to crash, and its components become inaccessible.
Causes and Symptoms of error mspst32.dll
The Symptom is: Outlook crash and its probable causes include:
- Missing mspst32.dll file
- Large PST File
- Corrupt or virus infected PST file
- Improper Outlook shutdown
- Damaged system data files or corrupted system Registry files
- Improper application installation
Now that you are aware of the causes and symptoms, you can resolve the issue. Event viewer events indicate that the error is associated with the corrupt mspst32.dll file or large PST file hence the Outlook crash error can be resolved by finding an appropriate solution for the following:
- Repair the damaged mspst.exe file
- Reinstall mspst32.dll file
- Repair corrupt PST with built-in Outlook utility
Now that you can apprehend the details of the error, you just have to follow a few steps to resolve the issue when Outlook crashes in safe mode.
The first and most simple method is to restore the system at an earlier date.
- Start the system and login as administrator
- Go to All Programs and accessories and select System Restores
- A new Window opens. Select Restore my computer to an earlier date and click on Next
- From the available options, select most recent system restore point and click on Next button
- The system reboots automatically, and restoration procedure is over.
System restore procedure is an easy but sensitive process. You might end up losing some of the most crucial data as created during this time-gap. It may also lead to corrupt-Windows, which is a much serious problem.
- The most probable reason which causes the error mspst32.dll is corrupt Outlook data file or PST file. Using the Outlook inbuilt, utility Scanpst.exe may resolve the Outlook crash error.
- If the problem is still not resolved, then verify the location of .dll file. It should be C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspst32.dll.
- Once you locate the file, replace the extension .dll with .old and restart MS Outlook.
- If the Outlook doesn’t work then search for the mspst32.dll file in the same folder as scanpst.exe and rename it with .old
The sure shot solution
The above steps should resolve the problem. In case, you still face the same issue then deploy Stellar Repair for Outlook software to repair the corrupt PST. The software scans and repairs all components of MS Outlook, and exports all elements into a new PST file. The software also supports encrypted, and password protected PST files and exports its contents into an all-new PST file, which resolves the error mspst32.dll.
On comparing the above methods with Stellar software, it can be stated that Stellar Repair for Outlook is trustworthy software to repair the corrupt PST file and exports its content into new PST file. Once the corrupt PST file is not viable, it repairs the PST file and makes it usable.