I transferred an MP4 video from my Sony DSLR camera to computer. After transferring the file, it is not playing on any media player. A message pops up saying ‘video not found.’ Is there any way to fix MP4 file not found error?’
I converted an MOV video file to MP4 file format for uploading on website. Now, the MP4 file format does not play, giving error, ‘File not found.’ How can I make MP4 video playable?’
Many users face ‘File not found’ error when trying to play their videos. Whenever you come across MP4 error File not found, it can be due to incomplete download, improper transfer, or a shortcut of the file created on computer due to a virus infection. However, you can fix this error and make MP4 videos playable.
Read on this post to know the best methods to fix ‘File not found’ error in MP4 videos.
Reasons of MP4 error File not found
- Improper download or transfer of MP4 files
- Improper conversion of video file to MP4 file format
- Virus infection
- Wrong path of the MP4 file
How to fix ‘File not found’ error in MP4 videos
The recommended and easiest way to fix the ‘File not found’ error is with the help of a secure and advanced video repair software – Stellar Repair for Video.
Whether the error is caused due to virus infection, improper conversion, or transfer of file, you can fix the corrupt MP4 file through the video repair utility.
However, you can try some workarounds too, that may fix the error and you may not need the software help.
Workarounds to fix MP4 error File not found
- Play in another media player: Try playing it in another video player. If it gives error in Windows Player, play in VLC Player or Quicktime.
- Download/Import your MP4 video again: Improper download or import of MP4 videos from camera to computer or SD card may also give file not found error. Try downloading your MP4 videos again.
- Repair in VLC Media player: VLC Media Player has feature to fix certain corruptions in videos. You can try playing MP4 videos after repairing in free open source VLC Player.
How to use Stellar Repair for Video to fix MP4 error File not found
An MP4 video repair tool – Stellar Repair for Video , is safe to download and quick way to fix ‘File not found error’ in videos. Irrespective of the cause of ‘File not found error,’ the MP4 repair software fixes the error and other corruptions in the MP4 video, making it playable.
Stellar Repair for Video supports all brands of cameras, camcorders, DSLRs. It also repairs MP4 videos that were converted from other formats.
You can fix your videos that get corrupt during shoot, while editing, converting to other formats, or on transfer from one drive to another. The DIY software is able to repair quickly and offers simultaneous repair of multiple videos.
Fix your MP4 videos errors now! Download the software and make them playable again.
Steps to repair MP4 videos using Stellar Repair for Video
- Download and run the software on your PC/Mac
- On the main screen of the software click on Add File
- List of added corrupt MP4 videos appears. Click Repair. The repairing process You can see that in the progress bars.
- Click Save Repaired Files. You can Preview the repaired MP4 videos before saving them at a location of your choice.
To Sum Up
Stellar Repair for Video is a proven and trusted solution for MP4 videos that give ‘File not found’ error. The software is a popular video repair utility already used by millions of people to fix corruptions and errors in their MP4 videos. In addition, Stellar Repair for Video lets you fix corrupt and not properly playable AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, DIVX, WEBM, MJPEG, MPEG, AVCHD, MTS, MOV, MP4, 3G2, 3GP, M4V and F4V videos files.